Chapter Sixteen

When Loki finally comes back to the bedroom after talking to Nat, I must not have woken up because when I wake up it's late morning. Loki has his arm wrapped around my waist while he uses his other hand to play with my hair. I roll over to face him and he jumps.

"Oh jeez, I didn't expect you to be awake. I mean it's late morning but I was just going to let you sleep." He chuckles.

I look at him for a minute before getting up and saying,

"I just woke up but I need to go put different clothes on if you want to come back to my room with me." He's been in my room before but I need to let some fresh air into my room since I haven't been sleeping in there the last couple nights.

I walk out of Loki's room and walk down to my room where my door is cracked open. When I walk in there's a pile of cleaned clothes on my bed and a note. When I open the note I notice that it's Steve's handwriting on the paper.

'I know I have nothing to do with what you do with your life now but Loki is a bad guy and I don't to see you hurt -'

I haven't even finished reading it and I'm already angry again. Who does he think he is trying to tell me that he doesn't wanna see me get hurt when he's the one who cheated on me?! I slam the note on my bed and I'm pretty sure I accidentally transferred my thoughts to Loki and by the time I get out of my room to go confront Steve, Loki walks by me like he's on a mission and says,

"I'm gonna kill him. He has no right to even talk to you let alone write a note to you after what he's done."

Me and Loki are seething as we walk down to the lounge and everyone notices. Except for Sharon, she doesn't seem surprised till I blow her up against another wall to keep her away from Steve while Loki is ready to beat Steve.

"Steve who the hell do you think you are?!" I scream at him while everyone is looking between me and him.

"YOU cheated on ME, and yet you think you can just write me a note and tell me Loki is a bad guy and you don't want to see me get hurt?! That's bullshit and you and everyone else in this room knows it! You're going to stay away from me and my relationship, got it?!"

He just nods and Sharon laughs so I blow the wind harder to knock the air out of her lungs. I turn around and look at her and my eyes start to glow, I tilt my head to the side and get a crazy smile on my face and say,

"And I'll make sure that you are never welcome here again, and if I ever hear my name come out of your mouth, I will hunt you down and hurt you."

She seems to get the hint because now she's holding her breath and I can almost hear her heartbeat slow down. I flick my hand back and the wind stops and she falls to the ground. No one rushes to her aid, not even Steve and that seems to embarrass her. I turn around and look at Tony and he nods his head knowing that I want her out of this building and her keycard, fingerprint and voice deleted off the system so she can no longer enter the building. The closest she'll get to being inside will be out by the fence where they'll let her onto the property but not into the building.

I walk over to Tony and say,

"Meet me in the conference room in 5 minutes. We need to talk about this... and I have a couple questions about my powers that I want to stay under wraps so nobody finds out." I look up and him and he nods. I walk into the conference room where Fury sits at the end of the table, shortly after Bruce and Tony walk through the glass doors that seal the room off when they close. No one will be able to make out what is being said because that room is soundproof for confidential reasons.

"First, Tony I want Sharon's accessibility to the compou revoked so as no one gets hurt, plus she's putting a pinch on the team and nobody seems to like her anyways. Secondly, Bruce, I need you to run some tests on me because I need to figure out what is triggering my anger that lets my powers get out of control. The only thing I seem to anchor myself on is Loki and he's the only one who knows my full potential right now."

Tony nods and Fury says,

"I don't know why we need to run tests. The test was just here. What triggers your anger is your team being in danger or when someone isn't working as a good part of the team. You're letting your anger get personal, which is why it's going to be hard to put you on missions because if someone gets hurt out there and you get angry you could blow all of us up without knowing it."

I glare at Fury, he's making it really difficult not to knock the air out of his lungs, but I take a deep breath and focus on myself. He must have noticed because he says,

"And now you're learning to control it, you didn't take any of your anger out on me for saying what I did. Good job." Fury stands up and leaves while the three of us stand in the room still.

A few minutes goes by when Bruce finally says,

"What kind of tests do you want me to run? I can run most of the ones that really matter right now or only a select few that you want. It's up to you and as far as Sharon went, I agree with you, nobody liked her."

I chuckle and look at Tony and he walks out of the room and talks to Steve and since I can hear thoughts I over hear Steve freaking out when he hears what Tony had to say. I look back up at Bruce and think for a minute.

"Just do the ones that are necessary, when do we start?"

He looks up from his computer and says, "Right now. Let's head up to the lab."

*************************************************************************************

By the time we're done running all the tests, we walk back down to the lounge where everyone is sitting and waiting for food to either be made or for Tony to order something.

I walk over and sit down next to Loki and put my head into my hands and rest my elbows on the tops of my thighs. I'm exhausted and I know Loki has questions but I don't really feel like answering any of them now. I feel Loki's hand touch my back and it seems as if he is trying to reassure me. I lean over and lay my head on his shoulder and that's when I notice how tired I am. I don't think I want to eat dinner anyways, so I just stand up and tell Loki that I'll be in the shower and I'm going to bed.

I walk into my room and take a hot shower to relax and then I crawl into bed. I turn the tv on and turn the volume down low and listen to a movie while I finally fall asleep. I didn't realize how tired I really was until I got into bed and started dozing off.

About 35 minutes after I fell asleep I felt Loki lift the blankets up and lay down next to me. I'm not sure how I feel about him sleeping with me, I like him and I want to see where our relationship goes but I don't want to ruin something either because that's what happened last time...