Chapter Ten

When I wake up, I'm back in my room. I sit up and rub my eyes because it's bright in my room and I have a headache for some reason. I put on some sweats and a shirt and walk down the stairs to the lounge. I'm walking down the stairs when I hear everyone's thoughts all at once and I can barely make my way down there without killing all of them.

"Can you guys think a little quieter please?!" I glare at everyone and throw myself onto the coach next to Steve.

'Damn someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...'

"Really Tony?? I can hear you, you know that right?"

"Oops, my bad. Sorry kid." he smirks and shrugs when he looks at Steve.

I try to ignore everyone's thoughts but I can't figure out how to shut everyone out. That is until Steve tries talking to me,

"Har, are you okay? Also, I carried you to bed last night after we got home, I didn't think waking you was the best idea after the fight."

"Yeah, I just have a terrible headache and I can hear everyone's thoughts and my brain feels like it's about to explode." I look at Steve for reassurance but there's nothing. He just looks away from me.

Now that I think of it I didn't get one of his adorably romantic comments this morning or a hug and a kiss from him. I get up off the couch and make my way back up the stairs. I don't know where I'm going until I am standing in front of his door. I look at his door and stand there for a moment. I raise my fist to knock on the door when I can hear Loki's thoughts.

'...Steve is a total idiot if he thought that no one was going to see or hear Sharon go into his room last night. Now Harley is going to get hurt and I can't let that happen...'

Irritated, I bang on his door to get his attention. When he answers the door he looks at me in shock. When I take the time to notice what he's wearing, it's not exactly what he usually wears. He's wearing blacks pants and a black tshirt and his hair is falling over his shoulders perfectly.

I think to myself, 'Perfectly?! What the hell? When did I start to think this man was perfect. No, no, no. Not happening, he's only getting into your head'

I hear the door shut and then a small sigh. I'm in the middle of admiring his room when I notice that he is now standing behind me waiting for me to say something or do something.

'I know you can hear my thoughts so what is it that you came here for'

"Spill it Loki, I heard your thoughts before I knocked on your door. Tell me what you saw Sharon and Steve doing last night while I was asleep. Now, or I swear, I will make your life hell."

He looks at the ground and finally looks back up and says,

"Last night after Steve carried you into your room, I heard his phone ring so I looked at my door and heard him telling someone that he would leave his door unlocked and to just come in when they got there. It sounded a little suspicious to me so I waited to see who it was. About 15 minutes after he got into his room, Sharon walked in and shut and locked the door. She didn't leave till this morning right before everyone started waking up."

He looks at me with remorse in his eyes and then I start to feel it. My hands start to glow like they do when I'm mad and start controlling the elements out of anger. Loki tries to reach for me but I burst through the door and he quickly follows me.

By the time I get down the stairs, everyone is looking at me because my whole body is glowing like I'm about to explode. I can hear their thoughts again but for some reason I can't hear Steve's. He's hiding something, Loki must be right because Steve won't meet my eyes. I'm glaring at him and everyone starts asking questions, that's when Sharon walks through the double doors into the lounge.