Chapter Twelve

I sat in my room alone most of the day after we all got back from shopping. I didn't know what to do and I didn't feel like talking to anybody. I look at my phone and it's 6:00pm... an hour until I have to go down to the party. My plan was to look nice enough to have every guy turning his head towards me to make Steve jealous. So that's what I'm going to do, I go and take a shower and I make sure I put my hair up so I don't get my hair wet.

When I get out of the shower the time is now 6:45pm and I don't have very much time left which means I have to hustle. I get out my curling iron and do some messy beach curls that will still look good. Next I do my makeup and since my dress is black, I think I will do a dark smokey eye to give my eye color some pop. By the time I finish everything and get my heels on, it's 7:20pm, I take a deep breath and as I start to back out of the party, someone knocks on my door.

When I open it, Loki is standing there with his hands in front of him. He's wearing a sleek black suit and his hair is slicked back. He's smiling at me too, which is unusual because he never seems to show any emotion unless it's anger or sarcasm.

"Wow, you look amazing. Are you ready to go down there and make people's heads turn when you walk down the stairs?"

"Thank you Loki, you don't look too bad yourself, and to answer your question, I'm as ready as I'll ever be" I sigh and grab his arm and we walk down to the party together.

Loki wasn't kidding when he said I'd have every head turning in this place. The music almost stopped when I walked in, Tony even looked surprised to see me. I finish walking down the stairs, my hand around Loki's arm, which I'm sure made Steve fume. I decide to take a deep breath and let go of everything and to just have a good night.

Nat waves at me and yells,

"Harley! Over here!"

I strut over there and give both the girls a hug and grab a drink from the bar. I decided to start off with a beer for now and maybe work my way stronger as the night goes on.

Everything was going great until I heard someone's thoughts,

'Did she really come down with Loki... I bet she's just doing it to get your attention but it's okay because you upgraded to me'

Sharon.

I laugh to myself thinking that she only got sloppy seconds and got someone who was going to do the same thing that he did to me and I wasn't going to be there when she got her heart broken. Sharon used to be a good person and now she's just being a conniving bitch.

I walk back over to the bar and ask the bartender for a shot of tequila to take some of the stress down with it. Tony walks up to me and doesn't say anything at first until I look over at him with a look on my face that asked the question of what he wanted.

"What Tony."

"I just wanted to apologize for having, you know, HER here tonight. Steve begged me to let her come tonight and I didn't know what to do. I'm sorry"

"You know what Tony, it's all good. What's a party without all it's people, right?" I say struggling to keep the sarcasm out of my tone.

"Yeah, uh, right." He looked at me with concern and I walked away.

When I finish taking my shot, I put the glass on a random table and walk over to where everyone is sitting, including Sharon. For some reason Steve is nowhere to be seen from here. I smile and Nat and Wanda who look miserable having to sit here and listen to her.

"Oh, look who decided to join us. The one who couldn't let go of a man that didn't want her."

'Wrong move girl... she'll beat your ass'