9 Months Later-14

"Collette is that's what you want to do then of course, invite him. He is her father."

I let out a breath of air relieved to hear him voice my exact thoughts.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ------ --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

It was Friday and tomorrow was Lena's birthday and I still hadn't asked Vince to come. Today was my last chance and I was headed over to his place. I had Lena in the back and I was driving to the address Damon had reluctantly given me three days ago when I had insisted on inviting him in person.

"Lena were going to see daddy." I said quietly to myself. I looked back at her to see she was playing with a stuffed dog I always had in my car for her.

The ride was uneventful and only took about half an hour before I arrived at a huge mansion that had a gate around it. I pulled up to the box and clicked the button so the gate would open. A voice came through over the box.

"Who's there?" Questioned a masculine voice I didn't recognize.

"Uhm is Vince around?" I questioned feeling a little stupid.

"Who's this?" Asked the same voice.

"It's Nic. Tell him it's Nic. He knows who I am." I said a little impatiently, slowly losing the nerve to speak with him. I waited a few more minutes before putting the car in reverse. Just as I was about to back out the voice came on again.

"My apologies, I'll let you in right away." And the gate opened almost instantly.

I drove up the drive way and parked in front. When I was getting out I saw Vince running down the stairs and out to my car.

"Nic what are you doing here?" He questioned slightly out of breath.

"I came to talk to you." And I walked around to the back door to get Lena out of the car. I felt his eye's watching my every move.

"Hey sweetie, ready to meet mommy's friend?" I questioned as she wrapped her arms around me and I brought her out of the car. I set her down in between us and stood back up taking hold of her hand.

"Lena say hi." I said in a small voice.

"Hi." She said and did a little wave. I looked to see Vince was awe struck. His eyes looked over every part of her and knelt beside her and shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you." He said in a voice that was softer than I'd ever heard. "Why don't we all go inside? I have room that Lena might like to play in." He said and led us inside. His mansion was astonishing. There was a spiral staircase on both sides that met in the middle and led upstairs. He took us to a door that was off to the side and covered in the same material as the walls. Hell if he hadn't of opened the door I'd have thought it was the wall. The door led us down below the main floor. When we reached the bottom it looked like I had stepped into child's paradise. It was all pink and there were toys everywhere. It looked like an amusement park for girls. I looked at Lena to see her eyes go big.