Chapter 3: the tape

We decided to explore the house because I have never been to my great grandparents place, and it looks very interesting. I was very excited to start, but the house was very big, and we had no clue where to begin.

Greg soon found a cellar door in the staircase that lead to the second floor of the house. He called us over, and we marched down the stairs. I was very dark, like a black screen on a tv. I felt around on the walls until I grabbed onto what I thought was the light switch, but it was just a piece of the wall that was sticking out.

I then realized that my great grandparents lived during World War 2. They had a string to turn on the lights. I grabbed my phone, and popped on my flashlight.

We saw a very dirty cellar. There were chairs flipped upside down and broken, cobwebs, ripped up paper, pieces of wall on the floor, and, most weird thing of all, a VHS player that was in mint condition with a tv hooked up to it. I didn't know that my great grandparents watched VHS movies. I kinda wanted to find on and watch it.

As we dug around a bit more, Bella found a box that had the words, "VHS tapes" written on it. We found the movies!

We frantically opened the box like there were a stash of candy in it, and looked inside. The VHS tapes were scattered around the box, and some had words on them. We took out one that said, "Tape #1" and put it in the slot. The film was rolling. We all took a seat on the hard, wooden floor. Then the tape began.

Instead of a movie intro, we were met with a black screen with creepy audio. It sounded like different kinds of circus music combined into one. There were colourful words. But then, something hit me. There weren't coloured words back then. I was getting suspicious, but continued.

The film finally started. It was a classic film, "Sons of the desert". I loved this movie, and I'm soon glad I could see it again, but the audio was a bit low and weirdly tuned.

Suddenly, the film stopped playing, and switched to a man covered in a hood wearing grey clothes. Another man was sitting with him without a hood on, and was speaking to him in a language I wasn't familiar with. it sounded German. Then, the dude without a hood stood up, and grabbed the hammer that was sitting on the table. I wanted to cover my eyes, but the man started to beat the hooded man on the head. The hooded man fell to the ground motionless, and the man began to step in the hooded man over, and over, and over again to make sure he was dead.

The film stopped.

We were all speechless.

We couldn't believe our eyes.

My grandparents houses,
The one we are in right now,
Is home to the red room tapes that we saw on the newspaper.