56

"No."

Yeonjun frowned.

"What?"

"No." 

Silence passed by the two before Yeonjun gasped loudly, eyes widening as if he finally understood what she had just said.

"I thought you liked me!?"

"I do like you!" she replied, eyes also widening in shock. 

"Then why won't you go out with me?"

Jaewon blushed, embarrassed as she looked down at her feet and took one small step away from Yeonjun. 

"I like you but..." she trailed of, sighing. 

"But...?" 

Yeonjun was beyond confused. He had genuinely believed Jaewon would have said yes to going out with him. There was literally no reason for her to refuse. 

"I don't think I'm ready to date someone."

Except that.

"W...What?" Yeonjun stuttered, clearly surprised. 

"After Beomgyu? I don't think I can date so soon...it's only been a while since we broke up." Jaewon bit her lip, letting out her inner thoughts to Yeonjun who frowned again, this time a disappointed yet understanding expression on his face. 

"Do you want time? or something else? I mean...tell me what you want. Help me out here." Yeonjun muttered, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

When he opened them again, Jaewon was still biting her lip, something she did whenever she was nervous. 

and Yeonjun knew this. 

"Alright then...I'll wait."

Jaewon looked up and their eyes met.

"I'll wait until you're ready to date me."

Yeonjun gave a firm nod towards the girl, heart beating faster as determination piled onto him. 

"Come to me when you're ready and I'll be there, waiting for you." he smiled, "I love you Jaewon."

When the girl didn't say anything back, a small wave of sadness crossed him before he remember Jaewon didn't fully understand the word 'love'. So, instead, he nodded and started walking towards the entrance to Huening Kai's house. 

"and I'll wait until you can say it back." he added. 

Yeonjun winked at the girl, disappeared from her view, leaving her blushing with her heart pounding faster than ever. 

❅ ❅ ❅

"Did you know that rats are not physically capable of vomiting and that is why Rat Poison is so effective?"

"What the fuck did you just say?" 

"I don't know, I'm reading what google told me."

"Why did you even search for whatever you searched for?"

"Cause I'm bored! We aren't doing anything."

"WHAT? SO YOU FIND A USELESS FACT ABOUT RATS-"

"JAEWON CALM DOWN-"

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!"

"IT'S JUST A DUMB FACT!"

"It is not!"

"HUENING SHUT UP!"

❅ ❅ ❅

After the incredibly pointless argument on Heuning Kai giving 'dumb facts' ( quote from Jaewon who got extremely pissed ) and Yeonjun trying to calm every down, Jaewon was just pure annoyed. No one really knew why she was so angry with something as dumb as what just happened but no one questioned it, knowing when Jaewon was angry, it was better not to disturb her.