Chapter 5 - Master Genkai

As the days passed after that my power started going out of control which had me worried so I went to Botan. "Hey Botan can you take me to Koenma? There's something I have to ask him..." She nodded before pulling out her oar and sitting on it before motioning to me so I sat down behind her holding onto her stomach. Then we headed off since Yusuke was busy sleeping, when we got there she lead me directly to his office. "Koenma sir, Miss Sakura would like to talk to you." He nodded from behind his desk as I stepped forward bowing slightly at him knowing to mind my manners. "Please pardon my intrusion Koenma, but I had to talk to you, it seems master Kotaru was right, my power is getting stronger I  almost lost control of it yesterday." He seemed deep in thought about that since Kotaru had told Koenma that I would be hard to train but then he remembered something. "We haven't trained your wolf half yet... that might be why you cant control it yet..." I nodded thinking about it there was no way to train it since there was no master here. "I have a friend who might be able to help let me give her a ring, then I'll let you know the answer. Oh, and didn't I give you a communication mirror before?" I thought about it before I remembered the compact I had gotten when I got back before smaking my head. "I forgot all about it with all the missions we've had..." They both just smiled understanding about it which made me happy as Botan took me back to the house. I fished out my compact from the drawer before putting it into my pocket glad that I found it. It wasn't long after when I got a call on it from Koenma, he told me that his friend had accepted me as her student to train how to control my wolf half. I was to leave immediately to train with her so we devised a learning program that I had been accepted into. So I took off to the place Koenma told me to go which I noticed was a huge shrine. I walked up the steps calmly but when I got to her place I was surprised it looked like one of those old style Japanese/Chinese houses. I walked up to the door before knocking knowing it was rude to just walk on in without permission.

I was surprised when a small old lady opened the door she had pink hair and brown eyes but the energy coming off of her was immense. "Master Genkai, my name is Sakura Urameshi... I'm grateful for your help." She just nodded before letting me into the house, she then started training me how to control my wolf form. A few weeks passed doing that but if I had known what I do know I would have run the first day here. It was a few days later that I noticed a shift in the place before going to Genkai knowing it had to do with her. "Master what is going on?" She just smiled at me which had me sighing knowing this was going to be hell for me when she told me. "I'm choosing my successor so people from everywhere are coming for a chance at getting my power. I'll need your help with the preparations Sakura." I nodded sighing wondering how this was going to go but on the day of her tournament I felt two familiar energies. I sighed knowing they were Yusuke and Kuwabara but I had to stay by Genkai's side unless she said otherwise. Then we stepped out onto the stage in front of everyone smiling but I could tell that Yusuke didn't want to be here. "Alright people I suppose we should get this started, the first of the screening tests will be... drawing lots." I had to hold myself back from laughing since everyone thought they would be dangerous but not all of them would make it past the first test. "Everyone must draw a lot from this old jar, come now we haven't all day." I sighed as everyone drew a lot before going back to wait for further jobs but I smiled seeing Yusuke. "You can go to him after I announce who advances." I looked at her shocked but remembered that she could read my mind so I bowed to her. "You did that fairly well I'm impressed, let's all open our lots now. If the paper inside is red then congratulations you have passed the first of todays screenings." I smiled thinking about how the spirit energy is what decides all of this as Genkai's own little test. "Those who won please follow me those who lost please get lost."

I turned around with her but two giants tried to attack her but she blew them away without even touching them. I knew by now Yusuke would be interested in her power as we followed her to the game room. It had me wondering though why Yusuke was here anyway since this was training something he didn't like doing. So when we got to the game room I took off to find Yusuke smiling but I had to laugh when everyone saw the video game room. Genkai told them that they had to win two out of three but by then I was next to Yusuke. "Hey congrats on getting a 155 on the punching game." He just smiled at me already knowing I could get higher if I wanted to since mine was stronger than his. "Why dont you give it a shot Kura?" I was about to refuse when I heard Genkai come back down again which confused me since she was supposed to be observing. "Go ahead Sakura, let's see if its improved from before." I nodded before I got the punching glove on then I stepped back before letting my fist fly. It connected before slamming into the back when I punched it just before the score came up shocking everyone. "Holy! You got 210 Sakura." I smiled at him before looking at Genkai happily since it had gone up again. "Its gone up again Sakura good job, keep this up and you'll have full control soon." I smiled up at her since that was the best comment I could get from her because she was so strict about her training. "Thank you master." Then Yusuke and Kuwabara got into another one of there fights about who was better but Kuwabara won the next one although I passed it in flying colors due to my spiritual awareness. Being with Genkai had pretty much upped all of my abilities so I was a hell of a lot stronger than before. Heck even at the karaoke mic I scored a 200 on it which had me smiling at the boys while making Genkai happy.

'This is some student you sent me Koenma, it's no wonder Kotaru couldn't handle her anymore. Her power keeps growing stronger each time she gets it under control, it won't be long before no one can stop her.' I smiled finally happy to be with my brother after being apart for so long but I knew we would be together for a while yet. Then it came time for the forest test, I knew a bunch would step out since the energy coming from it was evil. Genkai told them to make it through the forest and to a giant tree at the other side before she took off to wait at the tree so I smiled at them. "See you on the other side boys." I said as I transformed into a silver wolf before taking off into the forest, I could hear Yusuke calling after me. I made it out before running over to Genkai while transforming back smiling at her before looking out at the others. "I see your getting faster in that form Sakura." I nodded at her in understanding since I wasn't this fast getting through it before so I laid down and took a small nap. I wasn't surprised when Kuwabara was the first fighter to arrive shortly after were two more. Three more arrived shorty after which left Yusuke as the last one to arrive that he was almost late getting there. I had to laugh when he said that Balba wasn't as fast as Hiei since Hiei was indeed fast since I had trouble keeping my eyes on him before. Then it was time for the next fight which would be in complete darkness which I know from personal experience is a royal pain. It was mostly because my opponent was Genkai herself and that's not fun at all. Then the boys were divided up and then Kuwabara said something about something following him. I had to laugh when Genkai told the boys to pick the arrow they thought was pretty after there introductions. The first test was Kuroda against Kazamaru with Kazamaru winning the match claiming it was a hard win. It only took them a few minutes to fight with Kazamaru literally blasting his opponent away with something similar to Yusuke's spirit gun. Then Botan showed up so Yusuke and I headed outside to talk to her about Kazamaru's spirit energy which was stronger than Yusuke's. Kuwabara joined us shortly after before he started flirting with Botan making me groan before Genkai showed up. Of course after Botan started flying on her oar then Yusuke told us about his mission to stop a demon from getting Genkai's power. Then Genkai flicked a lit cigarette onto Kuwabara which had me laughing at him before they all hurried inside at Genkias threat. She had told them to stay there if they liked disqualification but I just smiled before heading inside.

Then it was Shorin and Chinpo with Shorin winning the match but I had a bad feeling about him but then it was Kuwabara against Musashi. Without realizing what he was doing he helped Kuwabara with emitting his spirit energy into a blade. Using the guys own sword as a base which had me smiling at him and also causing Kuwabara's win. I was starting to get hungry so I pulled out a bag of chips from the bag I had before I started eating them. Watching Kuwabara get beat up by a sword was new but watching the blade break on his head was funny. Kuwabara finally made his sword materialize but because Yusuke was an idiot Genkai explained about what happened. It was Yusuke against Kubano and it was hard for Yusuke to fight but he made Genkai mad enough for her to through her cigarette at him. I sighed watching as Yusuke got beat up until the end of it where he used Genkai's cigarette to find Kubano. Although I didn't like watching Yusuke get beaten up the entire match so I focused on keeping my emotions under control.

Then once Yusuke's match was over we left to go to a different area where a bunch of people had died, an old bate field. I had to really control my spirit power there or else I might wind up destroying everything and everyone. Then the next battle began and Yusuke started getting his but kicked however at the end of the battle Yusuke used the guys spirit energy against him. Kazamaru used spirit seeking kurnai's but was stupid to think Yusuke had a brain so he didn't think Yusuke would go at him to stop them. Although he hadn't expected Yusuke to slip on the moss and fall into a small swamp which had me laughing when we found him after the battle. Then it was Shorin agaisnt Kuwabara but after Yusuke told me about Rando I was worried since Kuwabara was no where near strong enough to fight Rando. During the battle Shorin started using powers that have long since been lost well according to Genkai anyway. However Shorin revealed a nasty spell before breaking Kuwabara's arm since he had turned Kuwabara into a doll. Then once the duel was over both Yusuke and my emotions were off the charts since we were both pissed.