Chapter 22. The Divine

Wen Kexing methodically sucked out all the poisoned blood in Zhou Zishu’s arm and treated his wounds skillfully. He removed the other man’s meridian blocking and took out a small medicine bottle. He swallowed one pill and put one more in his palm, holding it near Zhou Zishu’s mouth while snickering, voice drawn out obscenely. “Come one, Ah-Xu, open your mouth.”

Zhou Zishu stared back with a sullen face. Wen Kexing, wholly energized as he was, kept on his blinding smile; other man’s stare could be a drill and it would not be enough to pierce through his thick face. He took a meaningful look at Zhang Chengling and deliberately lowered his voice. “We’ve already kissed and seen everything there is of each other, why are you still so shy?”

Zhou Zishu took the pill and left without looking back.

Wen Kexing then signaled Zhang Chengling, who was still standing there dumbly. He said, evidently in good spirits, “Seeing that your shifu isn’t running, this sure is a once-in-a-life-time chance for you to follow him. What are you waiting for?”

The sky had turned dark. The Scorpions had lured Zhang Chengling from Dong Ting’s gathering to way over here, and now he had no idea how far away he was, causing him to become extremely disoriented.

After a while, Zhou Zishu returned carrying a few big hares, and he went on to make food for the other two quietly. Wen Kexing said to Zhang Chengling smilingly, “Do you know what the second most adorable type of people is?”

Zhang Chengling stared up at him. It made sense since shifu was injured; but still, this man could easily rein him in without breaking a sweat, that really said enough about his ability. Furthermore, he didn’t seem to be right in the head, so the boy was even more intimidated. He shook his head.

Wen Kexing continued. “It’s the type who’s hard on the outside but soft on the inside—then, do you know what the most adorable type is?”

Zhou Zishu—currently disemboweling the hares with great skill—glanced at Wen Kexing coldly. “Stop spouting nonsense and go find some wood.”

Wen Kexing happily complied, but when he turned away, he still saw Zhang Chengling staring perplexedly out of the corner of his eyes. Thinking the boy was being curious, he explained in a haughty fashion, “That type would be those who in addition have an incredible body1 to match.”

Zhou Zishu spoke up casually. “Don’t listen to him boasting rubbish, kid.”

Zhang Chengling’s uncertain gaze turned to Zhou Zishu. Did he understand this wrong? But clearly this man said…

Zhou Zishu continued, “Distance yourself from him, lest he take an interest in you.”

Wen Kexing tripped on withered leaves and turned his head around, speaking as if he was hurt. “You’ve wronged me, Ah-Xu.”

Zhou Zishu pointed at the dead hares. “If you don’t go get some wood right now, I’m gonna open you up like I did with these little friends.”

Wen Kexing startled, running away while protecting his stomach like a skittish rabbit.

Zhou Zishu found a creek to wash his hands, awkwardly wrapping the torn part of his sleeves back around his arm. The sensation of Wen Kexing’s lips still lingered; and he was acutely aware that the man went as far as slightly licking the wound after he was done, causing his temple to throb – that move was clearly intentional.

Faraway Wanderersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें