21

A loud bang was heard when they were close, and everyone basically jumped off the train before it stopped once they were close to the platform. They all rushed towards the source of the loud roars, bringing them to a familiar place by the palace.

"Woah," Lucy stuttered. "There's...so many. How are we possibly going to stop them all?"

"We hit the gate like we did last time," Natsu revealed. "That worked before."

"It's not possible. That last time was a fluke when you crashed the dragon into it. Atlas Flame is not part of this dragon hoard. There is no friendly dragon to aid this time."

"Well then we fight them," Gajeel drawled. "I ain't livin in that kinda future."

The roars echoed through the entire area, and there were heavy winds that blew past them as dragons flew by. Quicker than anyone could process, a dragon had landed in front of them and went to swipe at the group when (Y/N) told everyone to scatter. They didn't have the chance, and Elfman was caught by its wing and flung off to the side, causing a scream to sound from his sisters.

"Ears!"

"What do you mean--"

Cana was cut off by a loud, familiar, ear piercing screech. The dragon, like the others, cowered under the sound, its loud noise subduing the attack that was aimed at the group. The dragon retreated to the sky, sounding its own harmful sound as it roared. Building shook, and another dragon had landed by them.

"Looks like I hit the jackpot of snacks," he snickered. "All of you packed into one space makes me hungry."

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes and held out her palm towards the creature.

"Oh? And what's this?"

She snapped her fingers, sending a wave towards the dragon. Everyone seemed to be unaffected by the sound, but the dragon collapsed and struggled to get back up. The group looked around to see that the dragon slayers were in the same position.

"This is a wavelength that only dragons can hear. It is at such a high pitch that it inhibits thought," she explained before turning to the group. "Head towards the gate. See if you can stop it."

After receiving a wave of nods, Fairy Tail rushed towards the center of the chaos. Nadia tugged on her mother's sleeve and looked uncertain.

"Well? Aren't you going to show me that you can take a dragon?" (Y/N) tested, a smile forming on her face once she saw the excietely glint in her daughter's eyes.

"I'm all fired up!" She screamed, planting her feat into the ground and preparing her Roar.

The dragons continued to soar above the city, and tiny dragons surrounded the area, mirroring the situation at the Games. Natsu faced one dragon, its green wings outstretched across a pair of buildings.

"You better get back to your time," Natsu barked.

"Oh? And how is a tiny human going to do anything?"

Gray, Wendy and Erza appeared next to him and started casting their own spells.

"Where's Lucy?"

"She went towards the Gate to see if she could close it again."

"Talking when faced with a dragon? You humans are gutsy, but unfortunately, you will still be as dead as you would be without that fiery spirit."

The dragon raised its wing, using it to throw Wendy into a building with such force that the stone cracked behind her. Gray's Ice Make magic was quickly defeated by the icy breath that this dragon possessed. Erza's armor proved to be beatable by the sharp talons the dragon used. Natsu bellowed in frustration before rushing towards the dragon at full speed.