1

The entirety of Fairy Tail gathered around a couple of suspicious looking stones. They had suddenly appeared outside the boundary of Magnolia, and they were tasked with trying to figure out what it was. The writing seemed to be one of a foreign language, and nobody could decipher it. Levy and Lucy grabbed every book that they could find with similar characters, but none of them matched.

"This is so peculiar," Levy stated. "You would think that there would be at least a partial match, but I can't find a single thing in here."

Master Makarov appeared from his office and joined the group near the center of the guildhall. He sighed when he saw that there was no progress being made.

"What's with this thing, Gramps?" Natsu shouted. "Nothing makes sense!"

Everyone took turns scanning the piles of books that were gathered and no one could figure anything out.

"This is pointless," Gajeel grunted. "If Levy can't figure it out then no one will."

"What's this?"

Everyone turned to Wendy and followed her finger to a small engravement on the back of the slab. After studying it for a while, it was decided that it looked like a dragon. Mira pointed to another one on a different slab, and soon Fairy Tail had uncovered multiple dragon engravings.

"So what does this mean?"

Lucy's question received a shrug. Erza spoke up, suggesting that it might be a history of the dragons that lived so long ago. Natsu's eyes fixated on the dragons. He slowly pushed his way through the group and gently touched the stones, running his finger across it.

"I dunno guys. It seems like something different."

They all continued to look through the books when Natsu started to mess around with Happy. They were having a strength competition, so they dared each other to see who could lift a slab first. Natsu had won, and he caused one of the stones to be pushed upwards, revealing another set of inscriptions on the back that nobody saw before.

"Hold on!" Levy exclaimed. "Those symbols actually look like some in one of these books. Natsu, keep it like that for a minute."

Levy was able to locate the pages that she was talking about, and she quickly matched the symbols to their meanings.

"That's strange," she said.

Mira pressed, "What is it?"

"Hear the words, hear the rhyme. Head the hope within my mind. Send me forth to where I'll find what I wish in place and time."

The stones started glowing a bright green. The light blinded everyone to the point where they needed to shut their eyes in order to avoid any possible sight damage. The glowing stopped, and when they all opened their eyes the stones were gone.

"I found that very strange indeed," Mavis spoke. "Something seems different."

Gajeel added, "Yeah I ain't smelling anything familiar."

"Where even are we? Why are we in the middle of a field?" Lucy wondered.

Erza suggested that they start to make their way through the field, so they all filed after her in what seemed to be a random direction. They had made it to a rather large grass-covered hill and decided that it was the best vantage point to see where they were. Lucy looked to the bottom of the hill and saw a familiar blond dragon slayer sitting with the known maroon exceed. Natsu seemed to notice too, as he broke out in a wide grin.

"We can just ask Sting!"

They all nodded and went to approach the boy when they saw a girl with long black hair approach the blond. She was carrying a familiar green exceed, Frosch, in her arms. The black haired girl looked down at the blond and tsked.