Chapter 10

The Caballeros found Panchito drinking a pina colada in the hotel.

"You okay?" Sam said.

"Sam. How would you feel if we told you you could not see Murray until we won a contest?" said Panchito.

"I would get it" Sam said.

"But he would not know about it. And Arista does not know about this" said Panchito.

"You can tell her when we get the time" said Jose.

The Caballeros stepped outside.

"I mean, she knows all our songs. You probably like her because she's a fan" said Donald.

"Donald. Arista is more than that. If you three knew her, you'd understand" said Panchito.

"Alright. How's about laying it out for us?" Sam said.

"Not too long ago, I took her on a ride on our magic sarape. And she loved it. She wanted to see this world because her father never lets her out of the sea" said Panchito.

"So she is coming to you for a dream come true?" said Jose.

"Uh, are you sure she's not luring you into a trap?" Sam said.

"I am more than sure" said Panchito.

"Okay then. Come on. We better start practicing if we wanna win the contest" said Donald.

Marilyn was watching them.

"Not a trap, huh?" he said.

Then the Caballeros went to practice.

"Panchito, Arista will be fine" Sam said.

"I hope so. I should be with her by now" said Panchito.

"But we have to win. We do not want gothic torture" said Jose.

"So... the Caballeros wanna win, yet Pistoles is in love with a mermaid. This changes things. I'll get rid of those Caballeros... and still win the contest" said Marilyn slyly.