I know you did it

"Who's Yamanaka?"

At that moment, all I wanted was to dissolve. I wanted to run screaming so that they'd think I've gone crazy. That way I could escape the situation.

Boy, were my knees shaking when I stood up "I'm Yamanaka Ino"

How could I describe my feelings then? dark brown eyes pinned me on the wall, alluring me for a few moments. Back then I was proved right by what many girls said Such an electrifying presence he only posses could only make one stare... I was in the midst of mental awe whether caused by his stunning prettiness or simply my pure anxiety when he approached me.

When he stopped in front of me, I did care not if I looked like I was decolorized in deficiency of oxygen. Much of my thought was whether I'd survive his interrogation or just end up dead on the spot.

"Do you know Yuroi?"

Yurio? That man you turned into a punching bag? Hell of course I know him. I didn't know what's the damn connection of that man was but all I know is that at that moment, I was more than happy to know such bastard is my acquaintance. Though I knew the man by heart, I found myself replying in reluctance. "Yeah, I think so"

"You should know him, his locker is just beside yours," He told me to carry back my memory to two days ago; the scene, the locker area; the time, dismissal "Yuroi was calling. Did you hear him over his phone?"

I stared at him. He thought I was thinking, but I wasn't. Inside my smile grew into a wide grin. And the next thing I wanted to do was to laugh my head off. With some empathy, I was now reading Sasuke's mind. Yuroi and I had been calling almost at the same time over the same place back then. And Sasuke here whose family owns a telemarketing company appeared to have misleading information, which resulted in his earlier wrathful actions. And he still holds to that information that now he thinks I could be some witness to prove that Yuroi is indeed the man. Stupid bastard. I now wonder how he'll explode later if he realizes the very person he's talking with is the culprit.

I could hardly restrain myself from laughing in front of them so finally, I told Sasuke Yeah, I think I've heard Yuroi some time ago "And I believe that was the same time you received a certain letter, Sasuke"

"You remembered some of his words?" One of Sasuke's companions asked. I remembered him as Hinata's cousin, Neji.

Boy, did I smile in front of them? I told them to just wait I need to laugh. Boy, did they think I've gone crazy when I laughed in front of them? Here was my chance to clear my name, but then I would be breaking my principle. I would be lying. I ceased to laugh.

"No. But I knew very well that he was having a fight with his girl because he said so when I interrupted him"

I felt like shrinking. Sasuke was again pinning me with his sharp eyes.

He tucked his hands inside the pockets of his pants then he looked coolly away from me "Let's go," I watched in complete silence as he and his company walked out of the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of my lunchtime was terrible. When I tried to eat, the sandwich got stuck in my throat and I ended up not eating anymore. When class resumed that afternoon, I was not the slightest listening to any lessons. And so it was no surprise that during Biology class that damn Kakashi tried to lick me off when he asked Yamanaka-san, how many testicles does a female have? and quickly averting from the window, I replied two. You should see how the class burst into a gut laughing sound... Oh hell, so much for reproductive organs.

Fortunately, no similar foolishness happened again that day though a few teachers did point out my not concentrating on their class. So at the history class, I had my dismissal earlier than everyone when I told the teacher that I wasn't feeling well. Yamato-sensei was kind enough to accompany me outside the school and carry my bag but I told him no, I could manage myself, sensei. That ended the day... at least, that's what I thought

Had I just went home straight, had I did not go in the comfort room first, I knew I would have escaped that devastating moment. But I was luckless and my day went darker and the rest of the school year worse.

The second we were both stepping out of the comfort room– he from the male room just adjacent to the female room where I was— I happened to look at him, as he happened to glimpse at me. I stopped. So did he.

I knew him. And even if he was in a crowd along with all the students, I could still recognize Sabaku Gaara.

Because he would neither blink nor talk and since my eyeballs were already itching, I finally spit out a "Hi," at him.

"Yamanaka Ino," he said as casual as hell "I know you did it"

I myself would love to see how I looked back then. I mean blood would have been draining out my face or my eyes would have been protruding out of its socket. Gaara turned back, walked away, and left me alone, and my mouth ajar.