Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

All Rights Reserved

*Natalie's POV*

"Harry, why is Niall being so shy all of a sudden?" I ask him as Penny held on to his arm and Niall walked silently over to Louis.

"Well, he is usually like this, but when he starts drinking, this party will start becoming fun," he explains.

"A party with seven people? That's stupid," I state.

"Just give it time," Harry explains and I look over at Niall drinking alcohol as if it were the end of the world. I sigh. If I could change anything about him, it would be how much he drinks. But, I can't control that and maybe it's just his way of handling stress or any problems. I'm not jumping to conclusions or making any judgements.

I notice him start to get tipsy and I can see it in his eyes. He's not going to remember this party. I just know it. He is going to do something stupid.

"Don't worry, Nat, if he tries anything stupid to you I will stop him," Liam says mysteriously appearing by my side.

"Ok," I say and nervously look at Niall. "Is that normal drinking like that?"

"For him, yes," Liam replies and I shake my head.

"No, it can't be healthy," I exclaim and and he just stares at me.

"Why are so against drinking so much? It isn't you who is drinking," he asks and I feel tears coming on.

"My dad was killed by a drunk driver. I can't let that go," I explain and he nods his head in understanding. I just look at his chocolate brown eyes and I hear a knocking at the door. "I'll get it," I say and run towards the door. I open it and see three girls standing there.

One was blond and the other two were brunettes. I look confused and just stare at them. I recognize Eleanor and Perrie, but who is the third girl? "Eleanor, Perrie, and...?" I ask trying to get her to say her name.

"I'm Danielle," she responds and I remember that name. That's Liam ex girlfriend. Should I let her in?

"Come in, girls," I say and they walk inside. I see Eleanor go to Louis and Perrie goes to Zayn. Danielle heads to Liam with tears in her eyes. I walk closer to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Liam, I am lost without you. I have tried to get you out of my head for months and months yet nothing seems to work. I need you to complete me again," she explains and tears are streaming down her face. Tears weld in Liam's eyes as well.

"Danielle, I thought you'd never come back," he says and hugs her.

"I missed you, Li,"" she whispers.

"I missed you, too, Dani," he replies and they are obviously back together. At least someone got their happy ending.

I sit down on the couch and look around the room. Harry has Penny, Penny has Harry. Louis has Eleanor, Eleanor has Louis. Zayn has Perrie, Perrie has Zayn. Liam has Danielle, Danielle has Liam. There are only two single people left at this fail of a party. Niall and me.

Niall walks over to me and he is clearly drunk.

"Niall you're drunk," I warn him and he laughs.

"And you're sexy as hell. Guess there are just some facts tonight," he replies and takes my hand forcefully.

"What are you doing?" I ask and he pulls me towards a corner.

"I've missed you more than anything, Nat. I've been wasting the days weeping away into my pillow without you. You're my other half and I love you more than food. I love you so fucking bad and there is nothing I can do about it. Your eyes pull me in and your perfect body makes me want to get with you so badly," he traces my curves with his hands and I push him away.

"Niall, you don't know what you're saying," I state.

"Oh, I don't? I beg to differ," he says and pulls me close to him. "I want you. I want all of you. I want to call you mine again." He starts trying to put his hand up my shirt.

"Niall, stop," I say and take his hand away. He traces my body and places his hand on my waist and moves it slowly downward to get ot my bum. "No," I warn him and try to walk away.

"I love you, Nat," he says and wraps his arms around me. "Don't you want the good times back again?"

"Maybe," I reply and walk away faster this time. "Louis, I am going back to your flat and packing up. I need to leave now." I run out of Liam's front door and closing it behind me with a slam.

I rush up Louis's front steps and head inside. I run up to the spare bedroom and begin putting stuff away in my suitcase with tears streaming down my face.

I need to stop it.

There isn't anything anyone couldd say right now to make me stay. Niall is acting as if I'll just forgive him on the spot like that. While he's drunk. That seems promising.

I hear a knock on the door and I catioously walk towards it. "Who is it?" I ask slowly.

"Eleanor," I hear a feminine voice reply. I open the door and let Eleanor inside. "What's wrong, Nat?"

"It's Niall. He's thinking I will just forgive him as if nothing serious happened. Is this just one big joke to him? I can't believe that son of a bitch," I confess and let all my feelings out to Eleanor.

"Well, what is a relationship with no ups and downs?" she asks.

"But, he could've asked me about the picture first. I just don't see why that was so hard," I respond and tears start streaming faster and faster by the second.

"Niall doesn't understand girls that well," she states. "He probably thought that he was saving you by getting drunk instead of talking to you. When he's drunk, he can't control himself. He probably went to your dorm room because he secretly wanted to hurt you just like you hurt him, but he could never hurt you sober. He cares about you too much."

"Really?" I ask and Eleanor wipes the tears away.

"Yes. He wouldn't shut up about how much he misses you," she replies. "You look tired. Get some sleep, hun. I will make you breakfast once you wake up." She tucks me in and cares for me like a real friend would.

My eyelids close with no trouble at all.

*the next day*

I wake up and run downstairs. There is breakfast waiting for me and Eleanor is sitting at the table with Louis talking about something. They became quiet when I entered the room. "I am awake," I whisper.

"Come sit down, Nat," El suggests and I go to the table and sit down. I eat my breakfast quickly due to being so hungry and starving.

"Geez," Louis blurts out and I just giggle and blush.

"Lou and I are going grocery shopping so we'll be right back," Eleanor explains as they leave the flat leaving me alone at the table. I smile weakly and plop down on the couch.

I hear knocking on the door. "They're back already?" I mumble under my breath, but walk to the door. I look through the peephole and see Niall carrying a boquet of flowers. I open the door and we stare at each other awkwardly. "Hi," I say and he smiles.

"Hey," he responds and steps in the doorway. He closes the door and looks back at me. "I got you these," he begins and hands me the boquet. There are 12 real roses and 1 fake rose just like the boquet he gave me before our first date. "I will stop loving you when the last one dies," he adds and I look up into his blue eyes. I can't resist.

"Thanks," I say breaking my eye contact with him. I want to kiss him so much. I want him to grab me by the waist and put all his passion into it. I want to be his again.

He begins leaning in and I hold my breath. I know I'm probably going to regret this, but I don't care.