𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈𝐈. [ the end ]

After what seemed like a decade, you were able to finally push back the centipede. Reiner ran forwards to try his best to stop it from connecting with Eren; which thankfully, for the most part, had worked. Falco, Pieck, Levi, and Mikasa decided to finish off Eren once and for all. You were nervous, this ride.. had the rest of humanities fate riding on it. But at the same time, you had no one waiting for you anymore. It was just your friends, but now, they were your family. And no matter what, you were determined to save the world.. and your family.

Suddenly, the scene in front of you had shifted again. No.. You were stuck in the Paths Dimension. Again. The scene in front of you was different— two children. Eren, and Ymir Fritz. The two of them faced you with covered eyes and Eren's voice spoke again.

You will sacrifice the world for your friends, or save the world by killing your friends. The time is now. Choose.

Sweat developed against your skin as you tried desperately to comprehend what had just happened to you. Your family is everything.. but the rest of the world. That has always been your dream since you were born, to save everyone. Now that you've been met with an impossible situation, and the clock was only moving faster by the second.

You replayed the words of encouragement from the fallen comrades you've already lost. Each time you've fought, you have lost someone dear. Each time, you have been told to move on for humanity.. and each time, you have lost a piece of yourself. The world.. is a cruel place. No matter how much we try to atone the sins, the world will never forgive Eladians. The only real choice in that question.. is to save the ones dearest to you. No matter what, your not going to completely lose yourself.. no, you refuse to.

Millions. Billions. They were all going to die, because of your own selfish actions. It wasn't the time to think now; your time was limited and Eren started walking towards you. Freaking out, you weren't sure if you know how to fight a kid who practically controlled the Paths.

"I—I'll sacrifice.. I.." you gulped before finishing your sentence. "The rest.. of the world."

Ymir began walking towards the Paths and you; for some odd reason, ran behind her. You grabbed her shoulders and dropped to your knees. It was a moment of desperation, and you weren't going to waste your chance. 

"Tell me, our Founder, if there is a price I can pay to stop this!" You screamed, "How are you okay with the loss of so many lives, and.. and your just standing there?"

She seemed to hesitate and tense, which indicated to you that this wasn't what she wanted. "Ymir.. Eren shouldn't be the one to chose. You are your own person, and you decide your own path. Show us what you really desire, and you can have it!" The words sunk into her mind as she grabbed your hand, electricity bits running through you.

The next moment, you stood beside the short girl. You both watched as a couple kissed while others clapped, and she was holding a big pot watching. Her eyes looked like she longed for something.. the realization hit you like a train. 

Of course! Being stuck in a dimension when a day feels like centuries must truly be hell. The Founder.. she longed to be connected and born into the world. You glanced at her and she turned to you as well, before bringing you back into the Paths.

Looking into the beam of energy, you saw Willy's smiling face.

"I promise, you will accomplish great things.." it was like a ghostly whisper, nearly inaudible.

It wasn't a lie that you've killed, and that you've stained your hands with blood. It wasn't something you hid, but you weren't proud of it. If anything, death was a nice way to punish you. In no lifetime could you atone your sins, and that was the harsh reality.

Maybe, to save everyone, the real sacrifice was the one who is still fighting when so many people have died. To save the world, one has to be willing to sacrifice. Without sacrifice, there is no change.

She seemed to understand what you were saying, and she looked over to you again as if to say, "would you actually?"

Tears seemed to prick your eyes, because if you were being honest with yourself, you didn't want this. Not at all. But understanding other's needs before your own was the only way you could ever forgive yourself. 

She gestured towards the portal, and hesitantly, you stepped in. The world seemed to collapse as you felt the light completely absorb your body, and for a few minutes, everything was dark..

Feeling a sudden pressure against your back, you rubbed your eyes. Above.. were stars. Lights. A galaxy. A tiny hand grabbed yours, and you made out the face.

Eren.

You gave him a little smile as you both looked at the world above you; a different type of home.

The Paths.