Chapter 12

How precious is Jesus to me? Am I willing to lay down my choice, my will, as a sacrifice for someone else?

There was a woman who poured her alabaster jar on Jesus's feet. It was her most valuable possession, her future. Yet, with out hesitation, she laid her future at his feet.

I've always wondered, how far would I go for Jesus? If the opportunity ever presented itself, would I give my life for him?

How much do I value my life? How much do I value Jesus?

I'd like to think that I would chose Jesus.

But would I really be willing to lose everything, even if it meant gaining everything?

****

Today was the first day anyone has ever kept a promise they made me.

Austin kept his word and didn't say a single word to me all day. It was nice, but at the same time, I almost missed his annoying chatter.

This morning, I went on my usual run. I was half way down the first block when Austin joined me. He didn't say a single word the whole time; we just ran.

I suppose running with me could have been classified as bothersome, but it really didn't bother me. I liked not having to run alone.

At lunch, it was just me. I had plenty of time to think and find lives to change. I liked that, but I didn't like not knowing where Austin was. The unknown bothered me.

In calculus, Kathrine approached me. "Austin wants to know if you need a ride home from school today?"

I had been unaware that Kathrine communicated with Austin at all. In order for them to have talked, it would mean that she has his cell number or they hung out during lunch. Either way, it bothered me.

My car was still stuck, but I had to meet Agent 99 at four thirty. I didn't want Austin involved, so I figured I could just take a taxi.

"No thanks," I told Kathrine. I needed to finish my homework. In my math class last year, I had made a deal with my math teacher. As long as I got a one hundred percent on each test and quiz we took, I didn't have to do the homework.

I tried to make the same deal with my math teacher this year, but she wouldn't hear of it. She said I needed the practice. It certainly is too bad she doesn't know that I already know all the answers.

So now I have a lot of extra work to do, filling out my homework packets.

Opening up my book, I scowled at the assignment. Fifty nine whole problems? What is this evil? It be corrupt, I tell you, very corrupt.

I glared at my stupid paper.

After finding the thoughts of my math teacher, I began to copy down the answers. I am a terrible person; I know it.

 Here I am, cheating on my assignment just because I am too lazy. What kind of Christian am I?

Yup, I'm just a terrible person.

Approximately five minutes later, the bell rang. I packed up my backpack and joined the crowd made of my fellow classmates trying to get out of the classroom

"Have a great day." My math teacher called above the buzz of student's voices. "Make good choices."

No one was listening, but I heard her.

Make good choices.

I certainly try to, but I doubt many teenagers attending my high school concern themselves too much with their choices.