Chapter 10

Who am I?

I am a girl, who enjoys hanging out with her friends, riding her bike, and going to parties. I am someone who likes bubbles, sunshine, and cats. Or at least I was.

Don't get me wrong. Bubbles, cats, and sunshine are wonderful things. I still like them; I just don't feel the same way about them as I used to.

I used to love spending time with my friends or riding my bike or enjoying myself at a party, but I just don't anymore.

I would say God changed me, but he didn't force me to change myself. I made those decisions because I wasn't pleased with who I had been.

So the question of my identity still remains. Obviously, I'm not the same person I used to be. The choices I made changed me.

****

Well, if I knew who I am, I wouldn't be having this issue right now. It didn't help that I slept poorly the previous night.

At least my car is finally back into business. I no longer need to ask Austin for a ride. Today I was fifteen minutes early to school. I was proud of myself.

My phone beeped, and I saw I had a new email. It was from Agent 99. He is certainly eager to get started to this case.

Agent 99: Agent 23, you and I will be working together on the case of finding The Providence. I am very excited because I noticed you have an excellent record and will serve as a great partner. However, this will be a very challenging mission. Do you have any suggestions on how we should begin this case?

What a nerd. I've only read his four sentence email and I already don't like him. If he thinks I'm going to be a great partner, he can think again.

Me: Nope, I have no idea what to do.

I purposely left my email brief and difficult.

It just seemed like too much trouble to find this guy's thoughts when he would tell them to me anyways. I went into my classroom, curious as to what ideas he would have.

"Taylor, I didn't know you were in this class." It was Kathrine. I knew Kathrine did know I was in this class.

"Well, you've only tried to cheat off of me nine times this year. I hope you would have noticed." I frowned at her rudeness.

"What is wrong with her? She (Taylor) dresses like a boy these days. I can't believe I used to be friends with her." It wasn't Kathrine's voice that said those words; it was her thoughts.

I glanced down at my outfit wondering what Kathrine considered wrong with it. I was wearing TOMS, nice jeans, and a grey and black spiderman shirt. My dark hair was neatly brushed and straightened.

"There is nothing boyish about me." I blurted out before I rememberd that Kathrine hadn't said it out loud. Wow, didn't I look like the world's biggest fool.

"Taylor, if you think that what you're wearing is normal then you have some serious issues. I mean, look around you. You're the biggest freak here." Kathrine responded.

Kathrine is so mean. I just wanted to get away from her. I turned away and sat down in my desk. I couldn't wait till I got home so I could have a good cry.

But apparently, I just couldn't wait till I got home because tears began to mercilessly slide down my cheeks. How embarrassing. I roughly wiped my wet face with my sleeve, but more tears replaced the dried ones. I slid as far down in my desk as I could, hating myself for crying in school.

Austin entered the room. "Hey Katie, thanks for letting me borrow your notes. I think I'm about caught up now."

Huh? Austin asked Kathrine if he could use her notes? I thought he was going to use mine. It's not like I wanted to help him but still...why would he ask her?