The Dream

The shadows are moving, breathing, ever swirling around me. They laugh at me, mock me. I can feel the shackles on me wrists, holding me up, keeping the shadows safe. One of the shadows, feeling brave, approaches me, moving with speed that would have startled most. His intent is clearly to harm me, further adding to my humiliation. But he got too close. The energy arched between my finger tips and flashed at the foolish shadow. In a flash of soft light, which seemed infinitely brighter in the never ending black that surrounded me. The shadows feel silent, all staring at the faintly glowing spot where their foolish comrade once stood. The empty aybsses that they called eyes looked into mine for the first time. It was  the first time that they felt fear.

My eyes, normally brown and very much normal looking, had changed. They now reflected the ancient heritage of my soul. They now where dragon eyes, and as blue as the purest sapphire. They showed who I was. "FOOLS! I AM..."

BEEPBEEPBEEP. Loud, annoying, and right on cue, chasing the dream away just as quickly as it came. I try to get some understandable fragments together, but all I get is a lot of pain from the birth mark. It was a strange mark. It was a circle with three crescent shapes arranged so that each one touched one arm of the other two and that each arch meet in the middle of the circle. It always seemed to hurt when I tried to get ahead of myself.

With all thought of the dream pushed aside I begin my morning routine.

My routine was nothing special in my mind. But I guess working with several basic and advanced martial art forms in the morning every day without any form of formal training or any training at all would be considered strange, but it was just natural to me. Having finished the forms I moved on to weapons training, quickly moving through different blades and staves and even some unconventional weapons. All again seemed natural. Sure I needed to practice with certain weapons more than others but it still seemed natural.

As I put up the equipment I used heard a soft set of footsteps. With a knowing smile I took a position in a blind spot by the entryway.

Then she walks in. If God had created perfection among us flawed mortals, she was a part of it. Not only is she drop dead gorgeous, but also wickedly intelligent and clever. She has proven this with a PhD and a Masters, but more importantly by stealing my heart.

Just as I moved silently from my hiding spot she drops and sweeps her leg in a circle simply saying, "In your dreams."

Laughing as I get off the floor, I pull her onto my arms relishing in the feel of her skin and the scent of her hair. If only I knew then what I know now, I would have made that moment last an eternity...