Chapter 8

I sit in Brandon's lap snuggling up to him. We are watching "The Fault in Our Stars" which is so sad. A tear slips up, which I quickly brush away. I am not about to cry over a movie.

Brandon kisses me on the forehead and whispers to me how beautiful I am, lightening the mood. I actually just think he's extremely bored, but I don't care. When it's over, I turn the TV off.

I sit up and kiss him. Heat runs through my body as I wrap my arms around his shoulders. He presses me against him, his hands in my hair. We both lay down on my bed, still in each other's embrace. I finally stop kissing him and push him off me.

"C'mon Callie, it was just getting intense"

"Wait, your leaving tomorrow. I want to talk!"

He then gets on top of me and whispers "Then let's talk," he says twirling my hair in his fingers.

"Well I can't exactly talk with you on top of me!"

Ever since we'd had sex, he had been pretty irresistible. Which is why I wanted him to stay more than ever. Also why I couldn't really concentrate with him so close...

"Actually you can still tal-"

"Stop it Brandon!" I say lifting myself up.

Finally he accepts that we are not about to make out, but instead talk to each other. We do that for a long time, when he has to go home.

"It's a long trip and I need to get packed," he says opening the door. Before stepping through he leans over and kisses me passionately. After a long time, he finally lets go of me and walks out the door after saying "I love you,"

The rest of the day, I try to watch TV, but I just can't! He's going to be gone for a month. What if his feelings change towards me? No. No. I need to stop thinking like that. It'll be fine.

***

It has been two weeks since Brandon has been on his trip, and meanwhile I've been sick.

I didn't call Brandon, not wanting to worry him, but I did tell the Fosters and my dad and his wife. If I didn't get better soon, I was probably going to get a check up. Ugh. I hate going to the doctor!

Suddenly I felt nauseated. I ran to the bathroom and began throwing up my insides.

After letting go of my lunch, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. "What the hell?" I winced. Holding the place where I had been kicked.

Then it happened again, except harder. "OUCH! Dang it! AGHH!" I screamed. Robert came rushing into the bathroom.

By then I was curled up into a ball, moaning. He picked me up and rushed me to his car. He told Sophia and his wife that something was wrong. We arrived at the doctor in a few minutes.

***

"No. I was actually expecting my period this week," I say.

The doctors were asking me questions after I told them what was wrong with me.

"Callie, sweetie, we are going to give you an ultra sound. Okay?" The tan skinned nurse said.

I froze in shock. Oh no. Oh no. This couldn't be happening. I was 18!

They brought me to another room and rubbed a gel on my stomach. They then looked at the picture and gasped.

"It's a baby!"

"What the heck! I used condoms!" I say, my face reddening.

"Oh sweetie. Those break. Do you want me to tell your dad? It's not required considering your 18. Also, do you want to know the gender?

I wince suddenly feeling nauseated again. I throw up in a bucket by my bed.

"Yes tell my dad! I live with him!"

Thoughts swarm my head

You haven't even had a chance to be a young adult yet!

You freaking ruined your life!

There's no going back now!

Ugghhhhhhgg!

Then I think about the baby inside me. I suddenly feel like a mother. Protective. Dang it! I was practically still a teen. But to think of the child in my own stomach was a beautiful thing. A child that Brandon and I had created. A- wait the gender...

"Yes tell me the gender"

The nurse looked over at me and smiled

"Your having a baby girl!"

And with that, I passed out.