Chapter 3

Today I have to go to court. It seems like every trip we take, the more time I have to spend with Robert. I have to admit, I like having someone who shares some hobbies with me, but just because we are alike doesn't mean he can just march in and take me. He just doesn't understand that I want to be with the Fosters.

Sadly Mariana, Jesus, and Brandon are all busy today. I could really use their moral support, but at least I have Jude, Stef, and Lena. Even if something strange did happen between me and Brandon two days ago, he's still my best friend.

When we arrive we are greeted by the Quins, all except Sophia who is still recovering from her "personality disorder" as the doctors call it. Negativity surrounds my moms and my dad, so much it's hard to ignore. Most of it coming from Stef and Lena.

I walk into the building, a sense of familiarity washing over me. The day Jude got adopted it was in this same building. I can never forget the joy on his face as the papers were signed. Jude becoming a Foster, something I was so thankful for. As long as Jude is safe, I'm happy.

When we reach the Court room, Jude holds on to my hand. Its calming to know he's there by my side. I'm so nervous I can't stop my body from shaking. I see Robert and his wife sitting over on one side as we take our place on the other. The judge walks in and takes his spot. Who knows how long we will be here.

***

The court thing went fairly well. I answered the questions confidently and made it obvious I loved the Foster home. But Robert had some very good points too. The only thing we can do now is wait. Wait for a whole day.

When we arrive home, Stef and Lena give me some space and tell me to relax in my room. Instead, I go to see if Brandon is home. I knock on his door a few times waiting for a response. When I call out his name he opens the door and pulls me in, locking the door after shutting it. He then pulls me on the bed and looks me straight in the eyes. "I love you," he says on top of me and then begins to kiss me.

It's been months since we last kissed at Robert's house, and I really missed it. I know I should pull away, but I can't fight it. There's so much lust and love mixed together which makes Brandon even more irresistible.

He puts his one hand in my hair and uses the other one to cup my cheek. At first we kiss slowly, but then we begin to put all our love into this one kiss. It feels so great to be in his arms. We kiss for a long time when I finally work up the nerve to pull away. When I do, Brandon opens his eyes and stares at me. Not in a creepy, stalker way, but in a way that makes me feel special. A way only he can make me feel. I give him another quick kiss and then roll over next to him.

"Wow,umm okay..." I say. He has his arms around me, twirling my hair. He's never been this... romantic before, even when we were dating. It takes a long time for me to finally work up the nerve to get out of his embrace.

When we both sit up, he holds my hands. "I'm done. I'm done keeping myself away from you, Callie." He says. I give him a small smile. "Me too." I begin. "But obviously we can't advertise this. And...well...I know we are not family yet, but..." He just shakes his head and holds on to my hands even harder. "That's a bridge we will cross when the time comes. All that matters right now is that we love each other."

I would try to argue more, but I feel the same way. I don't feel like worrying right now, so instead I curl up in his lap .

"How was piano practice?" I ask. In response he walks over to his piano and begins playing. It's the same melody from my first day at Anchor Beach. He has the melody of himself, which is fine, but missing a lot. Then he adds his moms, which is beautiful, but Is still missing something. Then he adds the twins, making the perfect harmony. Except this time, he adds Jude and I, me being last. It makes it above perfect, a very difficult piece. Yet, he doesn't mess up once, which really shows how much he has improved. When he had finished, he comes and sits by me.

"So we both know my piano is fine, but how was court?" I look over at the floor, then back at him. "Well. It went well. We will find out tomorrow if Robert has custody or not." It's hard not to think about if I become a Foster, Brandon and I for sure will have to split up. "That's great" he says as his door swings open.

Luckily we weren't doing anything intimate, we were just talking. Stef walks in and smiles, probably thinking we were having some family time.

"Hey Callie, you weren't in your room so I figured you might've come to talk to Brandon. Also I heard your piece, Brandon, it was fantastic." She says.

Brandon acts as if nothing happened and so do I. "Thank you. Well, Callie, it was nice talking to you about how it went at court, but I should probably practice more," Brandon heads towards his piano, but Stef stops him. "No no, we are all going down stairs...we have an announcement," she says. Then we all walk together, as I smile thinking about me and Brandon.

***

"Wait...What the hell? Your adopting Ana's baby?" says Brandon sitting on the couch a few seats away from me. Mariana gives him a glare. "Well, yeah! Don't you remember moms wanting a baby? Well this is the perfect opportunity! Plus, we can't have Ana taking care of her!" She nearly shouts.

"Hey, calm down!" Lena begins. "Look, the baby will sleep in our room. You guys are all about to move out anyway! Then all we will have left is Jude and Isabelle, so don't act like it's impossible. Mariana and Jesus want this and so do we. We came to ask if you all were okay with it, though, and I'm assuming a yes!" Brandon quickly apologizes. "Sorry I was just shocked, but I'm okay with it. Completely." Jude and I say yes, too, and it's settled. Isabelle will be a part of the family.

The family meeting is over, and Mariana quickly rushes over to me. She looks so happy. "Aren't you excited, Callie? We are getting a little sister!" She squeals. "when is she due?" I say giving her a hug. "Two months!" She declares. Then runs up into her room, probably to call Mat. This is not the time to talk to Brandon, so I go with her. When she finishes talking to Mat, she looks over at me and gasps.

"Oh, Callie! I'm so sorry how did court go?" I tell her basically the same thing I told Brandon and then she lets me be by myself. Then I fall into a sleep with no nightmares or no dreams. Just sleep.

***

We are now in the court room again, the whole family. The Quins, even Sophia, are on the opposite side of us just like last time. The judge has taken his place.

"Okay let's get straight to the point. Both families have great living areas for Callie, which made it equal. The tie breaker was hereditary, giving Robert custody." I am frozen completely shocked. It's happening. It's freaking happening. Robert is taking me for good this time.