Introduction

Hello lovely readers!

Welcome to my new story. This story is kind of like my do-over for Unintended Consequences. Don't get me wrong, I love UC, but it was the first thing I ever wrote and I had no idea anyone would ever care about it. I feel like I've learned a lot since then, so I want to write a new story but with similar energy.

This is a completely new story with new characters, setting, and plot but it will have similar vibes to UC—except hopefully with some improvements. I have always loved the cliche of sweet girl meets grumpy hulk of a man but I'm hoping to do it a little better this time around. So don't be surprised if you get a bit of deja vu while reading this, but I promise it is its own individual story!

As usual, please be kind in the comments—especially to each other! Mean people will get their comments deleted and possibly muted. 

Also, I set UC in a real American city and university, then I based GFT's setting on a real Canadian town. It can be helpful to have a reference when you're building a story but it's also exhausting to try and be accurate. Sooo, this story is set at a fictional college in a fictional city. I'm hoping that might free up some of my energy to just focus on the plot. 

Also, also, you know the drill at this point. This story is MATURE. Expect cursing, sexual content, drinking, violence, and mild drug use etc. 

***********************************************************************************************

Blurb

glass jaw:

1. Noun. Where a fighter is easily knocked out via a blow to the chin or jaw owing to insufficient strength and training.

2. Metaphorically, a fighter's weakness.

~~~

Ryan Chamberlain is the embodiment of vulnerability. She's kind hearted and maybe a little too keen to trust people. Plus, she barely has any real-world experience, but that was never her choice. For the last eight years, Ryan has been pushed into the corner. There was only ever room for one star to shine and that star was not her. With college on the horizon, Ryan finally sees the opportunity to step out of the shadows and live life on her own terms. Will it be that simple though?

To Landon Atwood, showing weakness is not an option. In the octagon, and in life, people will always take advantage of your vulnerability. The only people he lets close are his childhood friends—and that's only because they refuse to leave him alone. What will happen when those same friends adopt a stray in the form of a tiny freshman?

***********************************************************************************************

Character Inspiration

~ as usual, skip these if you just want to visualize your own characters. These are just who I'm thinking about as I write. ~

Ryan Chamberlain

 ~Ryan Chamberlain