Chapter 5- Flying to Ireland

Chapter Five- Flying to Ireland

A week later, the producer told me I could choose one person to fly on first class with me while the others rode coach on the plane trip to Ireland.

That was an hour ago, and I was confused between two people: Ashton and Niall. I've been packing as I pondered my thoughts, thinking about who would not make me bored on the flight.

I like both, but Ashton seems to bring out the more athletic side of me, more like a little kid, close guy friend thing. Possibly it could blossom into something more, but right now it wasn't. Plus you couldn’t really be athletic on a plane.

Niall, I seem to have more feelings that stir in me with him, I get more reactions in my body. He was a happy guy, normally, and nice, funny to hang around. Not to mention he was just too sweet for his own good and his blue eyes! His eyes were like windows to his soul, very beautiful to look at.

Oh man, I think I'm starting to fall for Niall. But I came on The Teen Bachelorette just to do that, so I can't push him away.

I guess I made my decision on who to sit with.

                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were now fourteen boys left and I chose the one person I wanted to fly first class with me. Of course he probably already flew first class all the time, but it's Niall.

I got on the plane last, me and Niall sitting in first class on the small plane.

The plane ride feels like a relief, they weren't going to be filming anything. In fact, the crew were on a normal, commercial plane.

We were silent during air safety directions and take off, both looking out my window. But now we were in the air, flying across cities.

My eyes trailed over to the silent Niall, noticing how he seemed preoccupied. I thought he would be excited and giddy to see family and friends, but he just seem moody and kind of sullen.

"Niall?" I reached forward and gently laid my hand on his forearm, "What's wrong? I thought you would be ecstatic and talkative."

His eyes looked at my hand then to my face, "I am happy," I raised an eyebrow, skeptical as he opened his mouth to elaborate, "On the inside."

I stared into his eyes, studying him, "Why not the outside?" I noticed his pale cheeks turn rosy in return, making me blush.

He shrugged, his eyes looking away, "Just some things I've been told."

I watched him before sighing, "Niall, the way you couldn't look me in the eye and say that means you're lying. What you've been told isn't some thing. It must have hurt."

His eyes flitted over to me and I sighed when he shrugged again.

"Just tell me, Mr. Horan." I pleaded, happy when I saw a small smile appear on his lips.

 His arm raised and wrapped around my shoulders, "I'm fine, see?"

I looked at him, ignoring the warm feeling in me. He had a forced goofy-looking smile on his face, resulting of him looking quite weird. I chuckled, reaching up and touching his cheeks.

I flattened my hands, feeling his warm cheeks from his blushing as I squeezed his cheeks together so they weren't showing that smile he was giving me earlier.

"That's a creepy smile." I grinned, chuckling as I pulled away my hands. He laughed, making me feel delighted.

I lay my head on his shoulder, "Will you please tell me? I won't judge you; I'll tell you truth of whatever it is if you need to hear it."

He sighed deeply, "Fine, but it's nothing, no need to fret over it."

"Just tell me already." I begged, knowing he was trying to stall.

Groaning his arm tightened its grip around me, "Someone just said that you're only taking more interest in me because I'm celebrity and the producers said you couldn’t get rid of me so the show could have more publicity."

My anger flared and I moved away from him, his arm falling back to his side, "Who told you that?"

He shrugged, obviously not wanting to say, "Can you just tell me the truth like you said you would?" I nodded, my anger subsiding as I saw Niall was sad, thinking that he was being used.

I sighed, facing him "Niall, do you remember what I told you that first night here, on the cliff-side?"

He shrugged again. He was kind of annoying me with all the shrugging. I need responses, ones that involve speaking!

"I said I wasn't going to put up with yours or anyone's bull-crap. I'm here for romance. I wouldn't change that for some stupid publicity," I said then rolling my eyes, I continued, "I know this might sound crazy, but I actually like you, Niall, for you."

The grin on his face could light up a Christmas tree.

I smiled in return, thinking about how I was going to figure out who told him that. I would eliminate him because it makes him a rude, demeaning, way too competitive person for me. Not the type of person I would like to date.

 "That's good Alice, because I like you too." I laughed and shoved his arm lightly, leaning on the plane wall beside me.

 I smirked, closing my eyes, "Good, buddy." I heard him chuckle and my smirk turned to a full-blown smile.

"Too bad we can't act on it." I mumbled, opening my eyes a crack. I saw his bottom lip stick out in confusion, a crease forming between his eyebrows.

"Why?"

I shrugged, kind of frustrated about how this reality TV dating show works. "I can't be in a monogamous relationship in this game. It's just how it works. I guess we have to just wait and see at the end."

Peering through my half-shut eyes, I saw his features slightly sadden; mine probably the same at the realization.

His blue eyes wandered back to my sleepy figure before reaching out and rubbing my shoulder in a comforting way. If I could I would be lying on Niall's shoulder, but in first class they have big unmovable armrest things that were wide, separating us in the middle.

My eyes opened fully and I smiled lazily at Niall, trying to go to sleep. He smiled in return, his hand lowering down my arm to my hand, entwining our fingers.

"We sure can try."