Where Do Go From Here?

"It seems as though we got off on the wrong foot." The girl Angel comes up next to me and says as we climb the hill.

"So." I shrug and turn to Ashley who looks like she's trying to hold back a smile.

"So..." She drawls out. "I was thinking we could get a redo."

"And why would I want that?" I ask her seriously. I'm not trying to be mean but... wait I'm lying, I am trying to be mean and this chick is making it extremely hard right now.

"I'm sorry about what my dad and those goofballs did-"

"Your dad is dead right?" I turn to her and ask.

"Technically he's my step dad but, yeah." She nods.

"Would you like to join him?" I ask and Ashley pulls me aside, away from the girl.

"We'll be right back." She tells Angel who nods.

"What?" I question as we walk away from the girl.

"Spencer, why are you being so mean to her?" She asks with a raised brow.

"Because I don't want her here." I answer truthfully, looking down at the ground.

"What did you tell me a while ago about humanity and people?" She asks and I roll my eyes. Of course she throws my own words back at me.

"That because the world has gone to shit, if the few people who are left lose their humanity...then there's no point." I say in a lazy tone, rolling my eyes with each word.

"Exactly." She says smiling. "They have no where else to go Spencer. If they're gonna make it then they'll need a group, when have you ever turned people away? That douche Rick was apart of your group even though he didn't deserve it, so why can't you just give these people a chance?" She questions and I sigh.

"Fine." I say and pout.

"Don't be cute." She says, kissing away my pout. "Now go be a nice girl and talk to Angel." She lightly pushes me in the girls direction. "I'm gonna go to the front with Tim." She adds before taking off up the hill.

"Hi." I say once I reach Angel.

"Hey." She replies.

"Uh... I guess I'm sorry about being an ass." I say and roll my eyes.

"I get it. My group tried to take the things that you guys have worked hard for and one of them kinda shot you... so I'm sorry." She says.

"It's cool. I shot one those assholes too." I smile at the thought. I never shot a human before, but that guy definitely deserved it.

"Everyone get down!" Tim shouts from further up the hill. We all drop to the ground. Me, a little faster than I needed to.

"Shit." I mumble and look down at my abdomen. Great, I didn't tear my stitches.

"Are you okay?" Angel asks.

"Yeah, just hurts a bit." I tell her looking down at my war wound. Wow, I have a war wound. We crawl up the hill to where Tim, Ashley and my dad are and we see. Thousands of walkers.

"Holy shi-"

"Watch it, Spencer." My mom tells me. Angel stifles a laugh.

"This explains why there were no walkers in the city." Tim says.

"Why are they all here, just walking around the parking lot?" Aiden asks as the walkers just walk around in circles in the parking lot. They aren't as aggressive as the previous walkers we've come in contact with. It's like they've all taken a chill pill or something.