Losing It All

"Glen, we're lost aren't we?" I stop and ask my brother. Ever since we left the house we'd been held up in, waiting for our parents we haven't stopped once. We were supposed to be heading back to the city to see if there were any shelters still in use. We've been walking around these woods forever though.

"We're not lost. I just don't know where we're going." Glen says nonchalantly with a shrug.

"Isn't that the same thing."

"Potato, PoTAHto." He says.

"Glen I need to rest." I whine and he shakes his head and turns to face me.

"We need to keep moving, it's gonna be dark soon. We're miles from anything, Spence."

"But we've been walking forever!" I tell him.

"You want me to carry you?" He asks and I nod. Sometimes it's so amazing having a big brother like Glen.

"Fine, hop on." He says, turning his back to me so I can get on. I hop on his back and lay my head down on his shoulder.

"Glen..." I say softly.

"Yeah, Spence?" He asks as he starts to walk again.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too, baby sis." He says with conviction.

We walked for at least another hour before we reached a highway. Glen carried me the entire way.

"What happened?" I ask, looking around at the city once known as Las Vegas as I hop off Glen's back.

Burned down buildings, empty cars, dirty streets... walkers galore.

"I guess they got overrun." Glen says taking his weapon off his clip.

"What do we do now?" I ask, desperation evident in my tone. We had no plan B. When mom and dad didn't come back we decided to head for the city for help...but there is none. Probably not even a government anymore. No army, no shelters, no anything.

"I guess we're on our own." Glen says and looks down at me. I'm fifteen-years-old and Glen's only sixteen, how can we survive out here on our own? "We can do this." He says bending down to my eye level. I guess he could feel the anguish seeping from me.

"Can we?" I question him and a slight smile plays at his lips.

"Watch us." Is his reply.

"Your brother and Aiden are getting pretty cozy." Ashley turns to me and says with a smile.

"Yeah." I nod. I'm not really in the mood to chat to be honest. I just want to find my brother.

"Did you know your brother was..." She trails off and glances at me.

"No." I shake my head. "He never said anything. He said it was because after I came out he didn't wanna..."

"Wait you're gay?" She interrupts me.

"Yeah." I say turning to her. "Problem?" I question with a raised brow.

"No." She shakes her head. "I just didn't know that you were-"

"Why would you?" I cut in. "It's not like a just go around broadcasting my sexuality to the world." I add.

"Okay." Is her only reply.

"Sorry." I mumble, I didn't mean to sound rude.

"It's cool." She shakes her head and waves me off. "So you had a girlfriend before all this?" She asks and I turn and raise a brow at her. Really? She wants to ask me this while we're looking for our friends...my brother!?