chapter eight: percy

Have you ever tried to watch a movie with a toddler? Well, take that and multiply it by twenty. That's what watching a movie with Leo is like. He can't sit still. We're only ten minutes into the movie and he's already changed his seat twice, eaten a bag of chips, and gone to pee three times.

"Leo, pick a spot and stay there," Annabeth says, pausing the movie for the hundredth time.

"I wanna sit on the couch. Next to Jason," he says, standing up.

"I'll move," I stand up and look at the couch. The order goes Leo, Jason, Piper, then Annabeth. Reyna moved to the floor at the beginning and is now sitting at Annabeth's feet. I sit down next to Annabeth and she looks at me.

"I hope you know you're my footrest," she says, swinging her legs onto my lap. "Everyone good? Can we actually watch the movie?" Everyone mutters their agreement and she plays the movie. A few minutes later, Annabeth readjusts and pulls her knees up to her chest, resting her chin on her legs.

"What's wrong? You look tense," I ask her.

"What? Oh. Nothing, this is the good part." She focuses back on the movie, her eyes fixed on everything happening. I follow.

About three quarters into the movie, the doorbell rings.

"Pizza?" Leo asks. Piper nods and runs to answer the door. She gives the delivery man a generous tip and hands the pizza to Leo, who's anxiously waiting next to her. He carries it to the coffee table, and Piper returns with plates a few minutes later.

"We got ourselves a feast tonight," Frank says, standing up. I grab a piece of pepperoni pizza and sit back down.

"Should we play the movie?" Reyna asks from her spot on the floor.

"Nah, let's take a break," Leo says, shoving a piece of crust into his mouth. We all sit in comfortable silence, some of us (Leo) shoving pizza in our faces, others (literally everyone else) eating it at a normal pace.

"Guys, I can do WAP," Leo says suddenly. "Wanna see?"

"NO!" we all yell. He pouts and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Fine." He fiddles with a loose string on his shirt while everyone finishes their food.

"Guys, I'm kinda sick of the movie, wanna go outside?" Jason asks.

"Sure!" Leo yells, running to the back door.

"Yeah, my trampoline is still out there from when I was 11," Piper says.

"Oh, I remember, we used to tumble on it all the time," Annabeth says.

"Yeah, that was fun," Hazel says, and Reyna nods.

"Let's go!" Reyna says, nodding towards the door. They all follow Leo outside, leaving Jason, Frank, Nico, Will and I in the living room.

"We should supervise," Will says, following them outside. I sigh and stand up, walking out into the cool almost-October air. Annabeth, Leo, Piper, Hazel and Reyna are on the long rectangular trampoline, Leo currently playing the role of 'Popcorn Kernel.'

"Wait for me," I say, jumping up next to them.

"Okay, flip time," Annabeth says, doing a back handspring.

"Hey! I wanted to pop Leo in popcorn. Nevermind, I'll just double bounce him," I say, and Leo runs to hide behind Piper.

"No," he says. "I will not be double bounced again."

"Why not? It's fun," I tell him.

"For you," he finishes, timidly stepping out from behind Piper.