15: Fight Under the Moonlight

Ibanez faces internet bullies on his very own 21st birthday and he's not dealing well.
Sean is at lost about what to do to help him feel better.

AUGUST 2018
Tempestuous Filming Set, Menoreh Hills

"There was uh... another celeb having a birthday live on Nistagram today," Chandra began, slowly and carefully, "it was a member of a popular Japanese girl group with a strong Nusantaran fanbase. She started the broadcast a little bit earlier than Ibanez, but ended up second on trending. You guess the rest."

Handing his phone to the severely befuddled Sean, Chandra added, his voice small and resigned, "Not sure how it started, but let's just say Ibanez's live broadcast had become quite a savage fandom battlefield."

Sean took the offered phone almost too reluctantly, like it was a glowing red, hot iron. His thumb made a hesitant move to play the recording of Ibanez's live broadcast. Soon enough, it began with Ibanez, full in his Arga getups, greeting a sizable group of his presumed fans.

Ibanez being Ibanez had been sparse to showcase even the tiniest of smiles. Nevertheless, it was obvious that he truly appreciated his fans coming all the way to the filming set, to congratulate him in person.

As the kid posed to take pictures with the group of fans, comments started pouring. Smiling face and heart emojis dominated the first few minutes of the broadcast. Too soon, though, Sean had to force himself not to spew profanities.

When Ibanez arrived on set a little over two hours later, complete in Arga getups and makeups, Sean almost mistaken him for the literal character he was supposed to play

Ibanez displayed an eerily calm and unperturbed demeanor that was so Arga it looked absolutely unnatural on the kid. Especially in the light of the atrocity that just befell him online.

Sean had been itching to ask then, if Ibanez was doing okay. Which he probably wasn't. But Ibanez had put on his default impassive, devil may care face from the get go, which automatically—and too effectively—shutting people up and out before they did so much as opening their mouth. Sean included.

It was unsettling to say the least. But if the kid wasn't willing to share, then Sean wasn't about to pry.

In the light of the particular fighting scene they were filming, the whole circumstance was actually rather ironic. This particular scene was unlike Arga and Brama's previous fights, which normally involved Brama minding his own business, Arga saw it as an abomination, hence the violent altercation.

This one was deliberate.

For once, Brama had purposely instigated the fight. He even spent a whole day, painstakingly working on what he claimed as a foolproof scheme to push Arga into taking an offensive.