𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

━━━━━━━BEEP

━━━━━━━BEEP

Everyone in the room was startled by the sound of the heart monitor, which showed the heart pumping slowly before flatlining.

"No! Please! Please don't leave me [Name]!"

As the nurses and physicians rushed into the room, Sugarawa shouted. Outside the room, he and his companions were being led while watching through the enormous glass window. Mrs. [Last Name] arrived just on time.

"W-what happened? Kōshi?" As she watched the doctor and nurses inside, the poor woman groaned, tears streaming from the corner of her eyes. Mrs. [Last Name] comforted the unfortunate boy, who immediately clung to her. Sugarawa was quiet, still weeping.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry..." Sugarawa, who was in her arms as she shushed him and comforted him, said over and over. The remainder of the group could only gaze at the patient with grief, and some of them even cried.

"Doc! His pulse is slowing down!"

"Get the machine ready!"

"Doctor, the machine is ready!"

"Doc, his pulse has stopped!"

"Again! I'm not going to let my patient die!"

"Clear!"

They repeat the procedure five times, with the flatline on the heart monitor moving up and down as the patient's heartbeat beats. The physicians and nurses breathed a sigh of relief.

"How is my son doing?"

Mrs. [Last Name] looked at the doctor, who gave them a warm grin. "Don't worry Mrs. [Last Name], your son is safe since we were able to bring him back," he reassured as Mrs. [Last Name], Sugarawa along the rest sighed in relief. "Thank you very much!" "It's okay; after all, it's my job." The doctor smiled.

"His vital signs are normal, and his internal injury is healing slowly." Before parting farewell, he stated, "All we have to do now is keep an eye out for him in case it happens again." "Thank God, I'm afraid I'll lose him like his father would," the mother murmured as she examined the others.

"You kids, it's getting late; you should go home. Your parents might be worried sick about you," she said as she stood there watching them walk away, waving farewell. "It's the same for you, Kōshi. It's time for you to return home. You done so much."

"It's fine [Last Name]-san, I've already told my parents that I'll be staying here," he said as Mrs. [Last Name] could only nod, knowing that the child would be stubborn if she didn't comply.

...

Inside the hospital room, sunlight seeped through the little crevices in the curtain. Sugarawa was fast asleep, despite his uncomfortable sleeping position. He was seated near to the bed, wearing only a plain shirt and a pair of sweatpants that he had brought with him.

Fortunately, it was the weekend.

He didn't have to be concerned about getting to school.

He slowly opened his eyes, feeling the warmth of the sun on his face. He blinked a few times before becoming used to the brightness.

"Got a good sleep ko-chan?"

That voice! That he'd been missing for such a long time! He whipped his head quickly at the male. [Name] sat in his hospital bed, his usual smile on his face. Awake! Sugarawa didn't waste any time when he lunged towards the boy.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing!

"I thought I lost you! Oh god, I'm so sorry!" Sugarawa cried out as [Name] hugged Sugarawa and literally sat him on his lap. He was relieved that nothing bad had happened at Sugarawa, and that he was still alive. He was unharmed. And he's overjoyed about it.

"Oh Kōshi, hey...hey, don't cry...I'm glad you're okay," [Name] cooed, and Sugarawa backed away from the hug, eyes teary. It hurt [Name] to see him cry, and he was to blame. "Please, don't cry...I'm here, I'm back," he whispered as they hugged and lingered for a few moments before pulling apart.

When Sugarawa realized he was sitting on [Name]'s lap, he blushed in embarrassment. "Kōshi...I love you," Sugarawa's heart skipped a beat, surprising him; he couldn't believe [Name] said the words he'd been waiting to hear for so long.

"Do you know how long I've been waiting to hear those words, especially from you...I love you too," Sugarawa sobbed, his voice faltering slightly as he felt [Name] wipe his tears and kiss his forehead, eyelids, nose, and finally his lips.

It was sweet, longing kiss.

Sugarawa was glad, more than you could describe for.

͟͟͞͞ END

͟͟͞͞➳ END 。