Chapter 9 - Dead Ex-Girlfriend's

Sara gradually woke up remembering fragments of the night before. She shifted in bed and found it difficult to move from the heaviness of the doona cover when she tried to pull it up. The scent of a familiar fragrance in the air intoxicated her senses, Sara rolled over catching sight of Ava lying next to her. Pinching herself to check if she was dreaming or not, her memories tried to fill in the gaps from the night before. She looked under the covers checking what clothes she was wearing, if any, letting out a sigh of relief at seeing she was still dressed in the clothes she wore yesterday. Sara noticed Ava was also still wearing clothes from the night before as she lay on top of the covers with a blanket over her. Ava began to stir. "Ava, morning. You want coffee?" "Oh God... yes please coffee. Your alive, how are you feeling?" "I'll be fine once I get rid of this thumping headache, coffee coming up." They both went down to the kitchen, neither woman speaking to each other while Sara made coffee for them both. Sara passed a cup to Ava and sat on the stool next to her at the kitchen bench. "Thank you, Ava, for coming over last night. I really wasn't sure it was a good idea spilling all of that out to you. I didn't know how you would react about Nyssa but I needed you to be here for me. Besides, it was nice waking up with you in my bed." Sara gave Ava a quick wink while Ava blushed seeing Sara's seductive cheeky grin plastered across her face.

They were finishing their coffee when Zari walked in with a plate of food. "Morning, oh hi Ava. Sara I wasn't sure if you'd eaten yet or not and grabbed some pastries." "Hi Zari, I'm famished, I'll grab one of those but I should get back, Amaya wants to do one more check over before she'll let me go. Sara I'll call you'll later."

"So, Ava stayed over?" "No, it's not like that. I just needed to talk about everything yesterday and I ended up calling Ava." "You talked to Ava about Nyssa? That was brave, so clearly you didn't scare Ava off then if she stayed the night." "I was only brave because of the two bottles of whiskey I am now short on," Sara motioned to the empty bottles on the kitchen bench. "Although I am sure Ava drank more of the second bottle than me." "You can't blame her for that if you told her about Nyssa, let alone your ex-girlfriend not being so dead. Ava must really like you if she stuck around." "What we need to do is find Nyssa and find out what the hell is going on and what she's been up to and why she's not so dead." "I'm on it, I'm running facial recognition for her in Star City. Don't you think it's a bit of a coincidence, Ava being abducted and Nyssa being alive?" "Zari can you look for any connection between Nyssa, Ra's A Ghul and Eobard Thawne." "Sure, did you ever meet Nyssa's family?" "No. She didn't talk about them much and only ever showed me an old photo she had of her, her sister and her Dad. I'll get Ray in to help, Charlie and Nate are still on mission. I'm sorry I had to send Charlie back out before you guys had any time together. Now that Nyssa's in the picture I'm not sure I should get Ava involved."

Sara went upstairs to shower and change for the day. When Sara was heading back to the OPS room, she heard Zari yell out. "Hey what's up?" "That's what's up," Zari chirped as she motioned to a camera view outside of the Star City Casino where a tall brunette woman was walking into. "That's Nyssa and she's in Star City. I've got to go see her, I have to confront her and find out what the hell is going on. I need you and Ray to keep digging. If she moves let me know."

Sara rushed out jumping into her jeep and sped off to the Casino. She pulled up into the carpark and was soon getting directions from Zari who had oversight of where Nyssa was going. "Sara she's on the second floor, heading to the restaurant precinct." There were very few people around being mid-week as Sara made her way through the bar area to the procession of restaurants on the second floor. She couldn't see any sign of Nyssa as she hurried through. She checked through restaurant windows as she passed them by. When she came across the Red Dragon sushi restaurant, she caught a dark-haired woman sitting in a booth towards the back. Sara stopped, standing there frozen in her tracks, not sure how to react.