Part 4

[Black Archive]

MCGILLOP-Z: The equipment here is phenomenal. The humans don't realise what half this stuff does. We could conquer their world in a day.

ZYGON: We were fortunate, then, in our choice of duplicate.

MCGILLOP-Z: If I were human, I'd say it was Christmas.

(Humans Kate and Osgood enter.)

KATE: No, I'm afraid you wouldn't. We're not armed. You may relax.

ZYGON: We are armed. You may not.

KATE: Lock the door. I'm afraid we can't be interrupted. You don't mind if I get comfortable?

ZYGON: You don't mind if I do?

(The Zygon transforms into Kate, and sits down opposite her at the table.)

KATE: You'll realise there are protocols protecting this place. Osgood?

OSGOOD: In the event of any alien incursion, the contents of this room are deemed so dangerous, it will self-destruct in

KATE: Five minutes.

(The alarm sounds and the countdown starts.)

KATE: There's a nuclear warhead twenty feet beneath us. Are you sitting comfortably?

KATE-Z: You would destroy London?

KATE: To save the world, yes, I would.

KATE-Z: You're bluffing.

KATE: You really think so? Somewhere in your memory is a man called Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge Stewart. I am his daughter.

DOCTOR [OC]: Science leads, Kate. Is that what you meant? Is that what your father meant?

KATE: Doctor?

DOCTOR [OC]: Space-Time Telegraph, Kate. A gift from me to your father, hotline straight to the Tardis.

[Tardis]

DOCTOR: I know about the Black Archive and I know about the security protocol. Kate, please. Please tell me you are not about to do something unbelievably stupid.

KATE [OC]: I'm sorry, Doctor. Switch it off.

DOCTOR 10: Not as sorry as you will be. This is not a decision you will ever be able to live with.

DOCTOR: Kate, we're trying to bring the Tardis in. Why can't we land?

ROSE: It's TARDIS proof.

CLARA: I never asked...How can they do that anyway?

DOCTOR: Alien technology plus human stupidity. Trust me, it's unbeatable.

DOCTOR 10: Oh god. This is a mess.

KATE [OC]: I said, switch it off.

DOCTOR: No, Kate, please. Just listen to me!

WARRIOR: We don't need to land.

DOCTOR 10: Yeah, we do. A tiny bit. Try and keep up.

WARRIOR: No, we don't. We don't. There is another way. Cup-a-soup. What is cup-a-soup?

[National Gallery]

(Back we go to an earlier scene.)

DOCTOR: What happened?

KATE: Easier to show you.

(The Doctor, Kate and Clara leave. McGillop answers his phone.)

MCGILLOP: McGillop.