Chapter 17

Dallas ran his fingers softly along my face to wake me up.

"Morning Dally"

"Morning Doll" He said as he kissed my cheek. I liked how gentle Dallas was being, he's never been too gentle with any girl.

"What time is it?" I asked, not realizing the clock above the bed, I stared up at it, it was difficult to read upside down.

"Looks like 11:48 am to me" Dallas said, booping my nose with his finger.

I quickly jumped up and looked out the window, I saw exactly what I was waiting for, I grabbed my clothes and quickly changed. Another time of disregarding Dallas's question of "where are you going." I ran out the door and down into the parking lot. I grabbed hold of the door handle to a rusty run down truck and quickly opened it.

"Hey, Sodapop" I said as I got into the truck.

"Looks like you have company" he said, I swung my head around and saw Dallas walking towards the car.

"So you're just leaving me"

"Don't think of it badly, I don't want to get in this mess!"

"All you wanted was me to trust you. And I can't! You run away on me! You leave me like a fucking peice of paper on the side of the road! I thought we had something Laura."

"Dallas. I don't want to get in trouble"

"This is just as much your fault as it is mine."

"Dallas leave her alone" Soda said, placing a hand on my thigh and wiping a few tears of mine away.

"You ain't a part of this Pretty boy!"

"You know nothing about her, you're just dragging her in this so you can get off with less trouble, so you can blame her for everything. That's all you ever do, maybe you didn't use her for sex, but you still used her. You still fucking used her. That's all you know how to do and all you'll ever know how to do."

"Glad to see your guys' perspective on me." Dallas said, he turned around and started walking back towards the hotel. He grabbed someone by the neck and threatened to punch him, I saw Dallas as that scary guy that he's always been. He was just putting on an act for me.

"Call the cops," I said, Soda and I drove to the nearest payphone and dialed up the police. Then we ran off not wanting Dallas to know it was us, but he sure as hell knew, we were the only ones he'd suspect to call the cops.

We laid in the back of the truck just for the night, we got takeout Tacos which was nice. The sky was beautiful though it was dark, you could see all the stars and the big bright moon.

"This is amazing Soda"

"It's more amazing with you" He said, leaning closer to me.

I Looked Soda in the eyes, finally I saw what every other girl saw, a beautiful man with bright piercing blue eyes and happy as hell. I almost felt like I was in paradise. We moved closer together, I could feel his breath against my lips.

"Soda..." I said, just before we started kissing. I never thought I wanted to kiss him this bad, I usually just thought of him as a friend.

"You have no clue how much I wanted this" He said, kissing the tip of my nose.

"I never knew I wanted to kiss you so bad, it was nice"

"I love you" he whispered. I started smiling uncontrollably.

"I love you too" I said, going in for another kiss.