Chapter 5

"Won't your parents want you home soon?" Darry said, looking at my bloodshot eyes and mascara stained eye bags.

"My mom said i should 'go out' so i came here. I'll stay a few more nights then I'll leave, if that's alright with you of course"

"It's alright with me"

"Thanks Darry"

"No problem, Kiddo"

I brushed my hair back with my hand and made my way into the kitchen, Sodapop looked me up and down, then moved closer to me.

"There's a party going on tonight. Steve told me about it. Tana's going too, wanna go?"

"I've never been to a party"

"Well, it could get your mind off of your grandpa, i know you don't drink, you don't have to at the party."

"Doesn't sound terrible, I guess I could go" I said, looking toward the washroom as if just looking over there would completely clean up my mascara.

The party consisted of drunk teens, sex and Dallas, he was in my head, I couldn't get him out. Sometimes I'd see him slip around the party, but I couldn't talk to him, Sodapop would be pissed.

"Hey girly! How ya doin' sweets?" Tana said, happy, bubbly and whory as usual.

"Could definitely be better"

"Honey, Death is inevitable, get over it, live your life to the fullest, come on, let's party!" I laughed, Tana had her ways and I let her follow through with them.

She passed me a beer, I looked at Sodapop, he gave me a glance then the beer then me again.

"Tana, you know I don't drink"

"Whatever, Sodapop will take it"

"No thank you, I'm the driver for yours and Steve's drunk asses" Soda said, I smiled, he had his moments, I've always liked that about him. I opened the can and stared deeply into it, I looked back at Tana, only to catch Dallas staring at us from the corner of the room. Without hesitation, I downed the beer, trying to show Dallas that I could be as cool as him.

"Laura?" Sodapop said, his eyes showed how confused he was for me chugging the beer.

"Live your life to the fullest. God, beer tastes awful" Soda started laughing, which made me laugh, then Tana laugh, soon enough we were all laughing harder than we had before.

"And now a third drunk ass I'm going to have to drive home" I couldn't stop laughing, I didn't know why I was laughing so hard, I just was.

I've never had so much alcohol in my life, I've never drank in my life, but I did it for the fun, to forget my problems, to make Dallas jealous. I felt like I had to show Dallas that I was a party animal, though I never was.

I ran into Dallas, while I was looking for the washroom. I let my weight fall on him, he caught me, the way he held me, it was like heaven.

"Hi Dally," I said, slightly giggling.

Did I seriously just call him Dally? What the fuck? Dally? God, I'm a drunk mess.

"Dally? I kinda like that"

"Well then it's now your nickname"

"Dally" he repeated, his voice soft but rough, soothing and deep. It reminded me of a book I read, about an angel who would hide in the shadows.

"Laura, you're drunk" He said, pulling me up and standing me up straight.

"I need to pee," I chortled.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

"Come on, I'll lead you to the washroom" and he did, his rough hand gripped lightly against mine. "Here it is" he pushed me lightly into the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

I stared at my reflection, my eyes squinted and red, I looked like I've been a smoker of 8 years. "Is this what alcohol does? Or weed? Did I have weed?" I couldn't remember, I could hear Dallas chuckle from outside the bathroom, he could hear me, I made a fool of myself again.

I wandered out of the washroom, my vision was slightly blurry from splashing some water on my face, I couldn't find Dallas. I groped for his arm, finally found it and clung on to it like a koala. Laur Bear.

"Laura?"

I mumbled, my words even more slurred than before.

"Laura-- I'm going t--" I blanked out, passing out onto Dallas's arm. I was lucky to pass out on Dallas and not in the washroom.

The man stood there, looking glorious and all. He looked down at me and seemed to recite a poem to me "Watch where you step. Watch where you go. Watch where you stay. Watch out for them. Watch what you say. Watch your people." The man transformed into a baby, I stared at it, I recognized it. It was me. The baby grew up, I saw all my good memories. I saw me chugging that beer, then I started bleeding, blood spewed from my mouth and my eyes. I was a horrifying monster, but all I could do was watch as this monster broke down and got scary until it turned to complete bones.

I woke up, completely screaming. I was in a car, it was Dallas's car, he was watching me. What did he mean? Watch your people? Watch what you say?

"Someone doesn't sleep peacefully" Dallas said, brushing his hand along my face, I jumped at his hand, it scared me.

"I just had- had a d-dream." I gulped, tears starting to drip down my face. I wiped them away as quick as possible, not wanting Dallas to see my cries.

"Only children get nightmares"

"Admit it Dally, you just want to look like a tough guy."

"I haven't had a nightmare since I was at the oldest of 7"

"Well, it scared me. Stop telling me that I'm a child, I might slap you, if I have to"

"Do you trust me?" He said.

"Nice way to change the subject. Why do you care?"

"Do you?"

"Well, I'd like to, but I don't know you very well yet. Why do you ask?"

"No reason."