Chapter 16

The door to the hotel swung wide open. Dallas stood there with a few bags in his hands. He tossed the bags over to me.

"I got us some clothes. I guessed you were a small"

"Dallas.."

"I got you a.. a bathing suit! And um a few jeans! A couple shirts, hair ties... I don't know. I tried to get things that you'd need"

"Dallas."

"I can get more"

"Why are you acting like this?" I said. Dallas's eyes widened, he looked shocked, almost terrified that I asked that.

"I just want you to be happy with me"

"Well I'm not very happy"

"What else do you want from me, Woman!" Dallas yelled, I felt a rush of anger go through me.

"Trust. Fucking trust."

"You want trust? Huh!" Dallas's voice raised, it was mean and scary, "Well guess it! I fucked your blonde chick friend! To hell! You want trust! I trusted you with that damn secret"

I gasped, thinking back to the time where we were making out on the hood of the car, to our first kiss, to the slightly romantic dances we would have in the living room way late at night, to the parties that we started going to. And he had sex with my best friend, I knew he wasn't taken, I knew Tana wasn't taken and I knew that if I ever dated Dallas, Tana and I would fall out.

I flipped him off. I stood there, not moving a muscle. Dallas rubbed his head with his hand and ended up leaving. I grabbed the bikini out from the bag and made my way downstairs. I guessed Dallas had left and gone out to the car.

The pool was quite big and nice, good temperature. I had changed into the bikini, it was a little revealing and made my boobs look bigger than they are. I sat on the edge of the pool like any start to a teen romance movie. I looked down at my reflection, it showed mascara streaks along my face, maybe that's why I had been getting weird looks.

I let my body fall into the water, the water sucked my body under. I stayed there, feeling the relief and all my problems getting taken away by the water. Reality felt flipped under water, it felt so easy, so nice, no worries. Being under water felt good. It was nice to feel the feeling of normal again.

I swam back to the top, some guys were staring at me while they played around in the pool and some girls were in the hot tub gossiping. I guessed that those girls were dating the guys. They looked a few years older than me.

I swam around for quite bit, letting the water wash my worries away. I looked like a prune and the giant sunroof showed the darkness of the night sky. I went to get changed, no one was in the change room. I stared at my stomach in the mirror, I was much skinnier than the last time I really looked myself in the mirror.

Dallas sat in an armchair and flipped through channels on the TV. I sat on the bed, the side closest to the window. I watched and I watched. Nothing happened.

"You on Tv, Dal?" I asked, he didn't answer. Finally he settled on a channel that started off by saying "Young boy murdered in Tulsa Oklahoma" It answered my question immediately.

"Laura, Im sorry"

"Knock off this nice boy attitude"

"Fuck, Laura"

"I bet you want to"

"I didn't mean it like- it's a figure of speech!" Dally said, sounding completely flustered. I looked back towards him, his face was red and he was curled up in the chair.

I marched over to Dallas and leaned in close to his face, I was so close that I could feel his hot breath against my face.

"I hate you" I whispered then crashed my lips against his, kissing him hungrily, wanting more than this. We were making out, getting more intimate with every movement. Our lips worked well together, his lips felt warm and amazing against mine.

I pulled away from Dallas, wiping saliva from my lips. I giggled and watched Dallas's face as he tried to comprehend what just happened.

"Laura"

"Yeah?"

"I think, I... nevermind"

"What was it?"

"Nothing"

"Spill it please, will ya?"

"Will you stay with me?"

"Huh?"

"Like stay here with me, I've never killed someone before and I need company" Dallas said.

My face turned worried, I couldn't say yes, but I didn't want to say no. I felt horrible for what I had done.

"I'll think about it" I said, Dally nodded. I took off my shirt, my pants and my bra and quickly crawled into the bed, getting one good glimpse of flustered Dallas and then falling into a deep sleep.