Chapter 7

I picked at the salad I had boughten earlier at the store. I refused to stay at Sodapop's
house, I didn't want to bother Darry or Ponyboy anymore than I already have. They've done so much for me since I was little, I feel like I'm too much of a burden to them.

"Hey Tiny" I looked up to see Dallas leaning on the building I sat beside.

"Hey Dally"

"I like that name"

"I can tell"

"What'ya doin out here, alone? Man, you gotta be tired and cold"

"Mother kicked me out"

"Why don't you come with me, I'll drive you to my place, you can stay there"

"Really? I'm surprised, Mr. Mean-Jailbird is offering a girl a place to stay, huh, Dallas Winston" I joked, grabbing his arm and pulling myself up. I wobbled a little in my spot, but soon caught my balance.

"Fine. Bye bye"

"Wait! No"

"C'mon"

I smiled at Dallas. He motioned me to follow him, he led me to a black low riding car, the one he drove me home in, the one I was screaming in. I opened the passenger door and sat down, the seat was barely worn in, it was comfortable. I looked to the backseat and back to the windshield.

"How many girls have you smashed back there?" I said, pointing my thumb towards the seat.

"I've lost count"

"Dallas!"

"I'm joking. I mean I have, plenty of times, it's kind of my reputation, gotta live up to it, I guess"

"It's all about reputation now"

"It's always about been reputation, I'm surprised you actually stuck around to be my friend. Usually girls just want to say they fucked me, cause if you're my friend, you get a bad reputation, as people put it. Why?" Dallas slammed his hand on the steering wheel, which he then pulled his head towards.

"I don't give a shit if my reputation drops. I already get called a greaser by my mother, why not get called it by other people. People just refuse to get to know you, because you are scary. You were to me"

"You're different kid," Dallas said, flicking his thumb under my jaw. I smiled and looked towards him.

"Not really" We both laughed, he leaned closer to me, he brought his hand to face and placed his thumb between the corner of my lips and my dimple. He placed his lips softly against mine, giving me a cute little kiss.

Oh my god. Oh my god. OH MY GOD! He kissed me. I thought, Oh god he's going to use me. I'm not wanted as a friend, he lied didn't he, he just wants to hook up with me! He just wants to take me to his place and have sex with me. What if he had sex with me when I passed out? Laura! Get yourself together! Stop overthinking

"You're completely red" Dallas said, his smile cute and bright, I love his smile. "Friends don't kiss do they? I don't think so, man, I don't know what to do in friendships. Your smile is really pretty by the way." His innocence made me chuckle, he was sweet, I just didn't understand him, like I understood Sodapop.

"You're doing great as a friend Dally, I don't got expectations, just don't give up on me, I won't give up on you"

"That was cheesy"

"Yea, I know" I laughed, Dallas started laughing along with me. I looked over, out the window, just to see Sodapop staring directly at the car. How long had he been standing there? I opened the car door and got out.