Chapter 7

New cover by Vivian_Blue. Thank you..

Dedicated to @ClarissaMoonBae. Thanks for your supportive comments.

Tuck.. Tick.. Tuck.. Tick.. Tuck.. Tick..

"Will you stop that?" Lenora gritted her teeth, tightening her hold on the steering while her mind rummaged devious ways to painfully kill two humans; one the jerk face beside her and the other - the mastermind of all this, Michael.

Mike concluded that their date had gone well as there were no noticeable casualties and both of them were alive by the end of the day. So it was time for them to be seen together a little bit to apparently make it more believable once their engagement was announced. Up to then their relationship will go as 'close friends' to avoid meddling  by any paparazzi or media interested in the young Sanford's love life; not hers but Mike's idea.

Tuck Tick Tuck Tick

She groaned. She was going to cut off his freaking fingers if he continued his assault on the dashboard like it was a freaking drum.

Tuck Tick Tuck Tick

"Ahh.. You heard me, stop it." She rubbed her temple. Traffic was being a nightmare and this dork's nonstop rapping wasn't helping.

"Why? Is it bothering you?" Tuck Tick...

No it is like music to my ears you prick.
" Yes" she hissed.

"Really? I didn't know. " His almost apologetic tone surprised her.

Okay may be he wasn't that annoyin-

"But I like bothering you." Tuck Tick Tuck Tick Tuck Tick...

Forget it. Who was she kidding?

"So where are we going?" He asked after a painful torture of few more minutes.

"To hell."

"Hell? Oh.. No.. No.. I am not coming to hell." She rolled her eyes at his melodrama and cast him a side glance only to see a forged horror-struck look on his face.

"Why not?" Wasn't it where you belonged before Mike pinned you on my head.

"Haven't you heard? " he said in a disbelief tone.

"What?"

"That there are demons and beasts there  with horns and fangs and they will eat you alive. I am scared." He said with all the seriousness as of a five year old, urging her desire to throw him out of the car.

"But may be you could go since you all are two of a kind". He winked at her.

Definitely throwing out.

"Then don't worry, you will be the first to gain an entry pass. " She smirked back.

" Art gallery?" Drew's brows knitted in a frown as he exited the passenger seat and caught sight of the signboard in front of the glass building.

Lenora ignored him and opened the back door to retrieve her office bag.

"You dragged me here to see some freaking photos of Mono Lisa? What the hell?" He crunched his nose.

"One" she said lifting up her index finger to his face. 'I didn't drag you here, it was Mike's idea."

"But is the sa-"

Her nostrils flared as she took a step forward. "And two"  she said cutting him off. "Don't use such words on classic historical paintings you idiot and don't -"