chapter 3

Dedicated to @rockon230. Thanks for your support.

PicofWinstononside.

Lenora parked the car and joined Winston in front of the fancy restaurant as he was too busy to pick her up from her house. Lenora felt a little confused at the blank look on his face and also the fact that there was no greeting kisses or hugs. Winston seemed to be in a deep thinking.

Together they entered the restaurant. As Lenora was busy studying Winston's behaviour she didn't watch where she was heading and collided with someone. Lenora turned to apologise only to come in contact with a familiar face.

"Lenora, didn't expect to see you here" Lenora stared at Michael's stepson Blake as he greeted her and extended his hand in her way.

"Neither did I. Guess it is a small world Blake" Lenora shook his hand while Blake grinned at her.

"So I heard the news" Blake said making her heart stop a beat. Lenora feared that by news he meant her being disowned by her father.

"What? " Lenora exclaimed causing Winston to glare at her. She mumbled a sorry while passing a shy smile in Blake's way.

"Calm down Lenora. I mean you got engaged right? " Blake asked his eyebrow raised suspiciously.

"Oh that. Yes of course" Lenora said suddenly turning towards Winston and grabbing his forearm.

"Congrats, so this must be the lucky man then. Nice to meet you man. Haven't got a chance to meet you" Blake greeted Winston with a smile but not as big as he gave Lenora, while Winston not even bothered to return one. They shook hands and exchanged formal greetings.

Soon Blake left and both of them settled in their reserved seats. Lenora ordered a bottle of sprite while Winston asked for a glass of red wine. There was an awkward silence between them and Lenora didn't know how to break it.

"This is not going to work" Winston blurted finally breaking the silence and passed her his infamous frustrated look.

Lenora looked at him apologetically. "Sorry I didn't know we would meet Blake like this nor that he would have known about the engagement this early."

Winston let out a frustrated sigh and slammed his glass of wine on the table causing it to spatter.

Lenora jerked back on her chair, her eyes widening as she looked at Winston's murderous look.

"I am not talking about that good for nothing momma's boy. I am talking about us Lenora" Winston gritted out gesturing his hand to and fro amidst them.

"What about us?" Lenora questioned her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Winston let out a mocking laughter. "Really Lenora, you don't know what I am talking about? You expect me to carry your shitty baggage too after this marriage." Winston yelled and cursed not caring he was in a public place.

"Baggage". Lenora whispered as she seemed confused at his choice of words. This was a new side of Winston she was seeing. He hasn't yelled at her before.

"Yes a baggage. That is all you are to me now Lenora. And I am not willing to carry this through my entire life. I don't want anything to do with a penniless women like you" Winston was breathing hard by now. There rose a smug smile on his face as he watched a shocked Lenora staring at him with wide tear filled eyes.

Lenora couldn't breath. Her chest constricted in pain like someone had stabbed her. Her heart broke as realisation finally began to sink in.

He never ever loved her. He only loved her money and the Sanford name. He was using her for his gain in the business world. But how could he? She loved him and she thought he returned the feelings too. Even the proposal was all a game to him.