Chapter 3: On My Way

It was a good thing for the members of New Directions that none of them had tests on Friday, as every one of them was too excited to concentrate in class. By after lunch none of the Glee clubbers or the Cheerios were even pretending to pay attention to what their teachers were saying.

The only two members who were thinking beyond what they wanted to do, although they were certainly planning that too, were the constantly plotting Kurt and Mercedes. It was the last period of the day and Mercedes was sitting in the library waiting for the day to end when Kurt rushed up to her table. "We may have a problem."

It took Mercedes a few seconds to get over the sudden interruption. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in class right now. And what do you mean we have a problem?"

Kurt quickly sat down opposite his best friend and answered, "I saw Rachel earlier today. She was talking to Tina in the hallway and apparently she has been doing research about the trip, shocker I know, and realized the rooming situation. I couldn't hear what was said next but she might have made a deal with Tina."

"So what do you want to do now?"

Kurt seemed a little miffed by the lack of assistance, but answered anyway, "I told you we needed to talk to Tina on Wednesday, but there's still time to fix this. We just need to find Tina, find out what Rachel said, and then go from there."

"Okay, I saw her earlier, she was going to go wait by the buses until school ended."

The two divas hurried along as they realized that time was running short on the time they had to put their plans for the afternoon into action. They found Tina out in the parking lot hanging around while Mike was having a catch with Finn and Puck.

Kurt hurried to greet the Goth girl, "Hey Tina."

"Hey guys." Seeing the harried looks on the two in front of her she asked, "What's up? You guys look like you're in trouble."

Kurt grimaced, "You could say that. Can we borrow you from your man for a minute? We need to talk to you quickly."

"Okay, sure. Mike! I'll be back in a minute!" As soon as the dancer nodded, Kurt and Mercedes practically dragged Tina along after them. As soon as they were out of hearing range they turned on the Asian, who was beginning to get apprehensive about what they were doing. "Uh, what exactly did you guys want?"

Kurt took charge of the interrogation, "I saw you talking to Rachel earlier about the trip and sleeping arrangements we need to know what you two were talking about."

Tina was extremely confused why they were asking, but answered anyway, "Well, she was worried about who was going to end up sleeping where, because, you know, although she's better there are still times when everyone wants to strangle her. So we were talking about it and I told her that I figured that Santana and Britanny would sleep together because, well obviously, and that you and Quinn would, since you used to live together."

The two divas shared a look and sigh of relief. "Okay, good. We're still good to go."

Tina had had enough of the secrecy, "Okay, what is going on? You two are clearly up to something and it has to do with Rachel. I know she isn't the easiest person to deal with but should you really be planning to do something to her right before we compete in something this big?"

Tina's rant seemed to bring the other two back down to earth and helped them realize how it seemed they were behaving. Kurt scoffed at Tina's assumption, "Please, if we wanted to terrorize Rachel we wouldn't need to plan something special."

"Then what is going on?"

Mercedes shared a look with Kurt before focusing on Tina, "If we bring you in on this then you gotta keep it on the down low."