XVI | Guilty

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | LEFT HANDED

______

A SMALL GROAN ESCAPED Genevieve's lips, her hands pushing and scudding through various hangers—different clothing hung neatly and folded, her soft pale fingers delicately running through the different fabrics.

Dates had always been her forte—especially when it came to seducing a rich man. Typically, both would go to a club or an expensive restaurant, sometimes the man even invited Genevieve towards underground fights.

Truly, she couldn't lie, she loved those fights.

It was the feeling of constant hits and injuries, fed Genevieve's twisted sadistic side. After the two fighters would draw, the less injured one would complain that his opponent was a little bitch and needed more 'competition'.

That's when the brunette would step in—in six inch stilettos and a skin tight dress, Genevieve always managed to kick the adversary's ass.

They always say, 'don't judge a book by its cover'; and Genevieve knows all about it. She would guarantee that the fighter would protest like a baby, saying his mother taught him that hitting a lady is not being a gentleman.

Gentlemen her ass.

With one flick movement of her hand, the man would crumble under her, crying in pain. As she said—he was a little bitch.

But never in a million years would she imagine Elias to ask her on a date.

Certainly, Genevieve was surprised. After Lauren's pitiful outbreak, the brunette was left enervated. When she saw the teenager, she could feel a sense of hope inside her, hope that she had a chance to feel the guilt float away.

After the incident, Genevieve couldn't take it.

Guilt is one of those many things that destroy others lives. For it is very painful to see someone crumble into their conscience, their feelings and true thoughts hidden behind a very painful, excruciating fake smile.

There are two kinds of guilt; the kind that drowns a person until they're useless, and the kind that fires one's purpose.

Genevieve's tried both—drowning herself in crime shielded her conscience from her priorities, her delinquencies worsening under each second, of each minute, of each day—her mind twisting and turning, her psychotic abilities aggravating.

Her normal serious attitude turned her socially irresponsible. She started disregarding and violating the rights of others, killing anyone who got in her way. The inability to distinguish between right and wrong caused her constant insomnia to exacerbate—for the people she's killed, she has had difficulty with showing remorse and empathy. The tendency to lie often seeped through her, for everything and anything lies slipped through her teeth.

Manipulation had always been one of Genevieve's best skills. Nobody suspected that a pretty twenty-two year old could potentially ruin your life and steal your fortune while she's at it.

So it brought Genevieve a great surprise when Elias invited her on a date—especially knowing what she's done and what she does.

The only reason that they truly met face to face was because of the mission. And Genevieve had to say, she was ecstatic that both met.