Chapter 9

My eyes slowly opening am met with a white ceiling, a sketchy smell of medicine fills my nose as my mouth feels dry and sour. I hear a beeping sound.

Looking around I realize am in a hospital bed with needles in my skin. Standing at the end of the room looking outside the window is a broad back I could recognize from anywhere.

"Xander?.." I croak out my voice hoarse

Quickly turning he beams smiling. "Hunter." In a second he's next to me. "You're finally awake."

"Hey buddy.." I smirk.

"I was so worried the day you didn't come back from the club and the next think I know am getting a call from you're dad saying that you were shot!" He rumbles. "You do you know what tight spot you had me in...I didn't even know how to explain to your father how you got shot!...dude!"

Laughing I say. "I'll be carefull next time I go to a club."

Sighing he pats my shoulder. "Glad you're okay man."

Looking around I feel a bit of un easy.

"Dont worry she just went to get some coffee." Xander says.

"What?"

"Hailey...." He smirks. "She's hasn't left your side since you got here, well except for the times I forced her to get some rest at your apartment."

My heart races as I ask. "She's here?"

"Yea man." Xander start. "And you my friend just won the jackpot."

Confused I ask. "What do you mean.?"

"You're mystery one night stand and the girl you just saved is Hailey Clover." His voice is laced with excitement.

"Am still lost here.."

"She's Charlie Clovers daughter. Like thee Charlie Clover." He reveals.

My eyes go wide, I did not see this coming. Not one bit.

"You literally just won yourself a jackpot with one buddy." Xander says. "Since you're company has been trying to bend rocks just to work with this man now you have him at your feet thanking you for saving his daughter."

My mind goes back to the psycho who kidnapped us and to what he kept on saying that Hailey wasn't cheap and that he'd done me a solid.

Just then I bolt sitting upright. "My money!" That lunatic just took my money, at the moment i was signing out that money my only concern was Hailey but now that it's setting in...damn i just lost a lot a money but it was worth it i guess. I saved Hailey so thats all that matters now.

"Calm down you money whore." Xander chuckles laying me back down.

"Randy has that covered." He says. "After we noticed the sudden transfer of that huge amount we knew something was off , so being the sneaky detective he is Randy and his men are now tracking down that bastard."

Running a hand down my face I sigh. "I can't believe I gave him all that money."

"Well your gonna make double of that amount by just signing a contract with Hailey's father."

Just then the door opens and Hailey walks in.

I release a relieved sigh when I see her, she was safe.

"Hunter.." She says in a low voice coming to my side and sitting in the chair next to my bed.

She takes my hand in his. "How are you feeling."

Not saying anything I look at her, her face no longer looked pale and she seemed to be doing fine now.

"Hunter?..."