Harry Imagine - Did It Hurt?

Imagine for Rai

~~ Harry’s Point of view ~~

Looking in the mirror, I saw a tired looking version of me staring back. Large purple circles covered the skin at the bottom of my eyes. My hair lost its curliness. I guess I overslept just a bit. Liam is going to kill me for being late for his birthday. Liam and us (Niall, Louis, Zayn and I), decided to do a huge party at a hall for Liam’s birthday. We spent at least a month planning it and I promised Liam I wouldn’t be late for it.

“Shit” I curse then  rush to grab my black suit and slip it on then button up my shirt. After putting on my bowtie and grabbing my phone, I run out the door.

My phone vibrates and I see it’s a call from Liam. I gulp preparing for one of Liam’s speeches on how I should be more mature, and how I should think about other people instead of always myself- and hope for the best.

“Harry” Liam sighs when I answer.

“Hi. Happy birthday pal!” I smile opening the driver’s side to the car and hop in, turning on the engine. I put on my seat belt and start driving, holding my phone with my free hand, the other on the steering wheel.

“You’re late” he says but it’s hard to hear him, music and people talking loudly in the background are all I hear.

“I know and I’m sorry. But I’m almost there.” The drive there will probably be about 20 minutes but he doesn’t need to know.

“Fine. You better have gotten me a good gift” he laughs. I hit the brakes and curse. I forgot his freaking gift at home. I make a U-turn and head back to my house.

“Gotta go Li. Go party” I say then quickly hang up.

After nearly falling over my own feet running up the stairs, I grab the gold bag on my bedside table and run back into my car.

~

Twenty minutes later, I’m standing at the doorway of the hall. I open the large heavy doors and as soon as I do, music fills my ears. The room is full of people dancing, talking, drinking, laughing and eating. I walk over to the largest table in the center and see Liam talking with Danielle.

“I’m here!” I scream in his ear causing him to jump. “Happy birthday” I laugh and hand him his gift then say hi to Danielle. After I said hello to almost everyone in the room, I walk over to the bar and wait for the bartender to get my drink ready. I lean against the counter top and then move over so other people could pass and I almost step on someone’s foot. I turn around and look up and feel myself wake up a bit.

Standing right in front of me is the most beautiful girl in the world, and I’m sure that I’m not exaggerating. Her long wavy black hair was hanging loosely on her shoulders. She was wearing a tight dark red dress.

“Sorry” I whisper still staring at her. There could have been drool coming out of my mouth for all I know. She had the most perfect brown eyes.

“It’s fine” she smiled then walked over to the counter and told the bartender her order and waited.

“So are you just gonna stare at me all night?” she laughed. I looked down and felt my cheeks blush.

“Sorry, you’re just so beautiful. Tell me, did it hurt?” I asked trying to flirt. She rolled her eyes and laughed.

“What hurt?” she asked already knowing what I was going to tell her.

“When you fell from heaven” I smiled. She burst out laughing. “You did not just say that. C’mon that’s probably older than my grandpa!” she laughed.

“But it worked, didn’t it” I smirked then leaned against the counter top. She looked away, blushing.

“It actually did. Why do you think that is Harry?” she laughs.

I almost forgot how she knew my name then realized ‘I’m in a freaking boyband for god’s sake’. “Because you like me” I winked then chuckled when she didn’t say no.

“Maybe that’s it…” she laughed then got her drink from the bartender and was about to leave when I turned her around.

“Explain to me how this is fair. You know my name and I don’t get to know yours?” I asked grabbing my drink from the bartender.

“Because, you’re in a boyband and you’re famous. I’m not.” She smiled then turned around sipping her drink, walking away from me.

“You’re right, but I still should know what your name is” I said walking up next to her.

“Why do you need to know?” she smiled being amused by this.

“Because if I’m going to take you out on a date next Friday night, I’m going to need to know your name” I smiled.

“Who said you were taking me out? Who said I was going to say yes?” she raised an eyebrow then laughed.

“I did” I smirked.

“Pick me up at 7. Here’s my number” she smiled handing me a ripped off napkin corner with her number on it.

“Okay” I smiled then she walked away. She turned around, “It’s Rai” then turned back around and walked away.

I still remember that moment we met. If it wasn’t for Liam’s birthday I wouldn’t have met my beautiful girlfriend Rai.