The Right Kind of Wrong (3)

Chapter Three 

"So that's it? What was the point of that, Malfoy? So bored with your minions that you have to come to me to satiate you're boredom?" Rose once again called from her seat; she was beginning to get stares from other people. Her face turned a slight pink as she stood from the table and followed Scorpius. 

She wasn't done here. How dare he just start with her and then just walk away? 

Oh, he has nerve! she thought to herself. 

* * * * * 

To Scorpius's delight, Rose followed him. He chuckled silently before she can see. This was really amusing. Then, with a blink of an eye, he regained his composure and continued to walk until she caught up with him. This made him stop. 

"Yes, actually," he said. He smirked, seeing her irritation. "I was bored. But then, I later realized that even you can't remove my boredom. And I also figured that 'satiating' my boredom with you is not worth my time. However, I must admit, it's becoming amusing watching you become irritated by the fact that I ignored you for a moment there. Which led me to think that you must like my presence for you just followed me and left your precious books. Am I really that irresistible?" He smiled crookedly. 

Of course, he wasn't quite that sure of his assumptions. He just really wanted to provoke her. Seeing her reaction is the most fabulous thing in the world. And he's only like that to her -- to her only. Everybody knows that. But they just think that they're being competitive. 

* * * * * 

Heat flushed in Rose’s cheeks, as she glanced back at her 'precious books.' She muttered a Summoning Charm and soon had her bag slung over her shoulder. She glanced back up at Scorpius, arching an eyebrow. 

"Well then if it does not satisfy you in some way, why do you repeatedly make it your purpose in life to approach me? And yes, you were in fact the one to approach me this morning, Malfoy. So somehow my presence is what you seek. Plus, I find it awfully rude when people 'strike up' a conversation and then just walk away, especially if the person was in the middle of something." 

She smirked before rolling her eyes and giving out a laugh. 

"You, Irresistible? Please. A Blast Ended Skrewt is more irresistible than you." 

* * * * * 

Scorpius tried to keep himself from laughing, but he can't help it. So, he burst out in laughter. 

"I was in the middle of something?" he asked incredulously. He continued to chuckle. "Well, as far as I was concerned, the conversation we just had was finished. And you talk about being rude? You're the one who kept your nose on your parchment," he said, nodding to what she's holding, "while talking to me. An advice, if you're talking to someone, the polite thing to do is to look them in the eye. Or am I wrong in that?" He raised an eyebrow. 

He didn’t wait for an answer. He continued to walk, but then stopped and faced Rose again. 

"No, I don't seek your presence. Though, what I seek is your expression from my presence," he corrected, grinning widely. "And you’ll be surprised at how many people say otherwise about my irresistibility." 

* * * * * 

"I'll be sure to keep that all in mind the next time it happens. And even though you may have... adequate features... You, dear Malfoy, are an insufferable toe rag which diminishes your irresistibility factor quite considerably," Rose said, coolly. Though, her face began to take on a brilliant pink color. With a huff, she turned on her heel and walked away, her red curls bouncing with each step. 

She wasn't going to feed into him anymore. She had never walked away like that before, which she could only hope would get a rise out of him. 

He wants to be a pompous git, then so be it, Rose fumed inside her head, determined to get as far away from him as possible. 

She entered the Entrance Hall and began heading to the Library, her sanctuary. 

* * * * * 

Scorpius let her leave. He wasn't going to stop her. He was too amused to do so. 

Adequate features? He thought, smiling as he watched her go. 

"Yes, 'dear' Weasle-bee," he can't help but call after her. "Just walk away. I'm quite sure it's a first for you." 

He laughed as he walked toward the Slytherin table. By now, all the gang's here. His usual crowd. They were all watching him as he sat beside Goyle. He cannot deny the questionable look they're giving him. He shrugged in answer and started eating. After a few moments, he just noticed how many people from different houses were watching their banter a while ago.

"You know, Scorpius," said Goyle. "Your banter with the Weasley girl is rather cute that I'm about to barf." He grimaced. 

"Then, be grateful that you didn't," said Scorpius simply, not smiling anymore. 

"You don't actually like her, do you?" asked Goyle in disbelief. 

Scopius cursed inwardly. Goyle is really not that stupid. 

Scorpius raised an eyebrow at Goyle and tilted his head a little. "Do I look like someone who'll like her?" he asked Goyle. And that shut him up. 

"So, Scorp, what's the agenda for the Quidditch practices? I heard that you've been made Captain," said Damon, changing the subject. 

He's a sixth year Slytherin Quidditch chaser. Pretty good, too. Scorpius likes him. He does things for Scorpius in a very simple way that nobody notices. He's also the only person who Scorpius is sure that notices the thing between him and Rose. Most of the time, he's expressionless so it's hard to determine what he really thinks. 

Scorpius smirked. "You heard right. We'll practice on the weekends. Let's just talk it over by dinner. I need to do something," he said, standing up as he drank his goblet. 

"You only ate a piece of bread," said Goyle incredulously. 

Scorpius chuckled. "Which unlike you, Goyle, is enough for me," he said. Everybody around them laughed. And he made his way out of the Great Hall. 

End of Chapter Three