I Sold Myself to the Devil for Vinyls... Pitiful I Know (80)

Start from the beginning

So the decision was made before I could even over think it and I put on some clothes and ran downstairs.

When I did, I was surprise to see dad sitting at the counter, the newspaper opened in front of him, eating cereals and drinking coffee.

“What are you doing up so early on a Saturday morning?” I asked him and walked to the fridge to grab something to eat. I didn’t feel like cooking anything so there wasn’t anything interesting in there aside from an apple that I picked. That ought to do it.

“The question should be more what are you doing up so early?” dad laughed.

Ya, okay whatever, I had kind of brought this on myself, hadn’t I?

“Ah you know, scientific experiment, I’m trying to see if I can function as a morning person.”

“I’m sad that you aren’t just accepting the facts kid” he laughed, his eyes fixed on his newspaper, his mug of coffee half way to his lips.

Well if he was the one saying it…

“Do you mind?” I asked sheepishly.

My father turned his head, looking at me with a warm smile. “Are you happy?”

The question was easy, obviously. “Yes,” I smiled too.

“Then no, I don’t mind, not in the least. Just don’t do anything stupid,” he told me and then looked back down on the news before adding “And by anything stupid I mean come home pregnant”

I rolled my eyes. “Thanks, because I totally needed to have that reminder!”

He smiled. “Always glad to be helpful”

I laughed and rolled my eyes again. “Bye dad”

“Have fun kid,” he called back his voice just a tiny bit mocking.

The weather was chilly when I stepped outside and I hurried to my car to start the heat and not freeze. The warm was leaving way too soon. I still wanted it to be summer time.

The drive to Blake’s house wasn’t too long. The streets were completely empty, seeing it was so early and the weekend.

All I could really think about was Blake. I was still hyper in my seat. As silly as it sounded I had missed him since last night. After spending four days almost always with him, not seeing him for an entire night had been long. Of course I knew it was over dramatic and I was sure I would snap out of it at one point, but for the moment being, I just wanted to see Blake and wrap my arms around him and feel his soft lips against mine.

When I finally arrived at his place, I parked in front of the house, smiling like a little kid on Christmas Eve.