Chapter 3

Seraphina stared at her magenta suitcase, arms crossed over her chest.

Well, that's pretty much everything. Now, all I've got to do it wait.

She pulled her phone out of her pocket and checked the time. Another two hours to kill. Guess I'll go for a walk.

She pulled her shoes on and swung a shoulder bag on before walking out the door and shut it behind her.

She walked past the sandwich shop she had been to with Will and into 'Woaba Boaba', which was next door. She ordered a drink for takeaway and picked it up. When she walked outside, there was a blonde woman sitting at one of the tables beneath an umbrella.

Sera walked past her, sipping on her drink, and made her way down the street.

"Excuse me, young lady!" a woman called out from behind her.

Seraphina turned to see a blonde lady in a burgundy formal shirt and a tight black skirt. Did she recognise her?

"Yes?" Sera responded.

"Sorry to bother you," the woman started. Her read eyes looked at her in sombre. "It seems I left my phone at home. Would you mind telling me the time?"

"Oh yeah, sure," she replied. She pulled out her phone.

"I've got this important presentation today!" the lady explained. "It's unlike me to be so careless."

"Hm."

"Ah, maybe I'm too nervous. That's why I forgot."

Just as she clicked her phone on, something struck through her. A shiver struck in a stab.

She dropped her phone. As it hit the floor, the phone crashed into the pavement with a crack.

Seraphina knelt down to pick it up at the lady watched her.

"Oh gosh, it cracked!" she cried out. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, I think it still works."

What was that? She thought. Her hand picked up the phone.

"It's two-thirty by the way," she replied. "I should get this fized soon."

"Phew! Thank goodness! I still have some time!" The lady held her hand up to her chest as she let out a breath. "Thank you so much." The lady turned to start walking back towards where she came from and waved. "You've been a huge help!"

Seraphina stared as the lady bounced away.

So excited... All I did was give her the time.

She continued to walk with her drink, but she couldn't stop shaking. What had happened? It had stayed since that sensation had stabbed through her. It was strange.

A car honked behind her. Tires screeched. She glanced behind her to see a van driving towards her at full force. The van honked again.

Her ability flashed on and she barely ducked away, although she let go of her drink. The drink flew up in the air in its plastic cup and splashed against the ground just as the van screeched to stop just before it would have hit the wall.

Her heart raced. Her body continued to shake as she lifted her hands up to her face. Something wasn't right. She was almost hit. She should have been able to avoid that easily, but for some reason, she felt slow.

"Holy shit!" a man cried out as he flung the passenger door of the van open and stepped out, slamming it shut behind him. He reached out to her but he avoided touching her. "Young lady, are you alright?" Another man and a woman came around from the back of the van, supposedly exiting from the other door. "We're so sorry! My partner lost control of the wheel."