Chapter Nineteen: Welcome

YES THIS ONLY TOOK A DAY!

Warnings --->

WC: ~1300

Enjoy!

Impulse woke up with a groan. Dull pain spread throughout his body, and he blinked his eyes open to see...

Grass.

Oh NO.

Impulse pulled himself up, panic shooting through his veins. We can't be in the Overworld! his mind fretted. We'll be captured and killed before we know it!

What happened?

Impulse thought back, recalling a thunderclap, then complete darkness.

So Xisuma teleported us- wait-

Impulse glanced around for the others, exhaling in relief when he noticed Hels, Grian, Iskall, Xay, and Xisuma laying nearby, all unconscious but breathing.

And out of nowhere, Impulse heard a scream.

He didn't have enough time to whip his head towards the sound before something tackled him.

Confusion and panic flew through him, and he managed a small shriek.

I'm dead I'm dead I'm so dead what's going on dead dead dead dead-

I'm... not dead?

Opening his eyes, which he hadn't even realized were closed, Impulse registered what was going on...

And let out a choked sob at what he saw.

"Hey," Tango whispered.

The next couple of seconds were a blur.

Zedaph was there too.

All three of them were crying.

"I can't believe it," Tango finally whispered. "What happened?"

"How are you two here?!" Impulse cried at the same time.

"Tango and I were part of a branch," Zedaph explained. "Etho- don't think you know him- was our Head."

"I know Etho," Impulse mumbled. "He was at the dropspot."

"You had to use a dropspot?" Tango yelped.

"It's a long story," Impulse said with a small smile. "Continue yours."

"Well... after you were taken..." Tango began.

I can't believe it!" Tango shrieked, throwing his hands up in the air. "It's been a week, and he's been absent for the entire time!"

"And he hasn't texted us or anything," Zedaph sighed.

"I hope nothing's... happened," Tango mumbled.

"I don't think... I don't think his... parents... would go that far," Zedaph tried.

Tango sighed and nodded his agreement, shifting the weight of the backpack that rested on his shoulders. The two were walking home together from school, like they always did. The two lived rather close together, Impulse living a street down. However, they all had the quickest routes to each other's houses memorized.

There had been many times that they had been used.

Tango's eyes darted to a poster that was pinned to a telephone pole. He expected to see the boy with a blue cyborg eye.