Chapter Five

looked at the little paper she gave me repeatedly as I got ready. It wasn't even an address really, it was coordinates. I had already typed them into google maps and it placed it in the middle of butt freaking nowhere. Actually, it was technically a state park. Looked to be Eaton Canyon Falls, my wolf had been practically purring like a cat when she discovered that we were going to be surrounded by trees and water, I just got anxious because I wasn't sure if we'd be alone or not. If we were and she had companions with her then I was in for a fight. If we weren't I wasn't sure how she was going to talk to me about whatever it was she wanted.

I breathed out as I stared at myself in the mirror, "It's okay, it's okay, it's okay," I whispered to my reflection. I pushed my hands off of the counter and pulled my hair up into a ponytail. I started analyzing my reaction to what was going on, confused. It's just a mission, I mumbled to my wolf.

Then stop freaking out about it, you're making me second-hand nervous. I rolled my eyes at her words.

Drama queen.

And proud of it. I chose to ignore her at that moment and went back to preparing myself. It was a half hour drive, I was tempted to run in wolf form to it but eventually decided against it. It might be too conspicuous to do that particular thing here, especially with the roads leading to the place. 

I quickly finished what I was doing and stepped out of the bathroom. Ty was sitting on the edge of the bed sulking at what was going on. I walked up to him, standing off to his side, he refused to acknowledge my presence. "Ty," I dragged his name out. His eyes narrowed in response, I inched closer, "Tyyyy," I sang, leaning down to his ear. Again his scowl deepened. "Ty," I whispered in his ear, then licked him. 

"What the crap, Jaz!" I jumped back as he swiped at me and laughed. 

"Quit pouting!" I grinned at him stupidly until he finally caved and cracked a smile, "Good, now I don't feel like I'm going on death row." I lightly knocked his chin with my knuckles and grabbed my shoes from by the bed, plopping down onto it to tie them. The nerves that I had could go jump off of a bridge, this was a mission just like every single other one I had ever had in the past. Ty watched me as I finished putting on my shoes and stood up when I did. I began to head to the door when he grabbed me, I turned to face him, worry was clouding his face.

"Be careful, please?" He asked. I studied his face for a moment, his forehead was creased with worry and the usual laughter that resided in his eyes was dimmed by... Fear? I leaned in to him, wrapping my arms around him while pulling him closer.

"When am I ever not careful?" I asked.

"Do you really want me to answer that question?" He asked. I pulled back slightly to glare up at him. "You know it's true." I sighed.

"Promise I will be extra careful. You will be able to listen in on me the whole time and," I pulled the two chains from around my neck, one my mother's, the other, his, "I'm wearing my tracker." He glanced at it, he had given it to me when he became old enough that we could officially become mates. He had known full well I didn't like wearing rings and bracelet's were too hard to keep on when I shifted and turned into a wolf with paws that bracelets didn't get along with. With the necklace I could shift freely and not have to worry about if it would fall off. He sighed, fingering the pendant of his.

"Alright, be safe. I will be here when you get back." I kissed him quickly on the cheek before heading out the door. When we had decided to come out here we had debated for hours over whether or not to drive my bike- Ty had just wanted to rent a car while I insisted that the bike would be cheaper. He had finally given in to my wishes like he usually does and we had ridden cross country on it. Now I made my way to the place where we had stored it the past few months since I never wanted to deal with traffic.