Chapter 2

TW: Flashbacks, food, ppl, crying, foul language and some mentions of two men (ALMOST) kissing (lol) {if you are sensitive to any of these topics do not continue on}

(oof sorry if this bad after the

"it's nothing to your concern..", I said slightly annoyed for some reason.  part in this chapter kinda down in the dumps rn lolz: Author's note 3/12/2021)

Author's note (3/14/2021): Sorry for the commentary throughout this chapter lolz

Joker's POV~

I snapped out of my thoughts when Bruce placed food in front of me and I looked down at the tray he had put in front of me. The tray had eggs, pancakes, toast, orange juice and bacon on it. There was even orange slices. I just stared at the food then looked up at Bruce confused. "Go on, eat." I looked back to the food on the tray. I picked up a fork and poked at the food and cringed. "what you don't like it? I could go get something else if you want-." I cut him off ,"No, it looks delicious! I'm just curious why you brought it to me."

"Well you've been out for 3 weeks remember and you have to eat to survive, right?", he said "I suppose...", I replied and picked up one of the orange slices examining it. "what's this?", I ask. "huh? you don't know what it is??" "nope" He looked at me weirdly "what?", I ask. "it's nothing, I'm just surprised you don't know what orange slices are." huh. Orange slices?", I say in a questioning voice. "yeah" he replies and suddenly I have another flashback.

{A/N: since oranges reminded him of Jeanie he had blocked out oranges from his mind so he wouldn't have the pain of remembering his lost love.}

Flashback~{No one's (technically narrator POV but idc so shushhhh) POV}

Jeanie cut up some oranges in the kitchen whilst John was doing a project for when the baby comes. "sweetie! I cut up some oranges if you want any!" John walked into the dinning room where Jeanie sat, eating an orange slice. John walked around her chair and kissed her on the cheek softly before sitting in the chair across from her. Jeanie past over a plate to him and kept eating the orange slices from her plate and John started eating the orange slices on his plate. 

"oop", Jeanie exclaims quietly as she places a hand on her belly. John looks at her with a questioning look "hm?" she looks at him with a smile,"she gave me a lil' kick" she said, giggling at John's face which had lit up with excitement. He went over to her and Jeanie put his hand on her stomach "wait for it", she said dragging out the  it John waited and then he felt it. The little kick. He practically squealed at this and Jeanie laughed at his reaction. "hahaha! jeez, John, calm the freak down", she said jokingly as she wiped a tear from laughing so hard.

He chuckled awkwardly from his embarrassment "sorry", he said rubbing his neck "no need to be sorry. It's cute actually how excitable you could be over the littlest things", she said chuckling. He smiled softly. "Ca-" suddenly he was drawn out of his memory.

Flashback End~

"JOHN!" I was met with a hand being waved in my face & someone yelling. "huh?", was all I could reply with as I blinked back into the present. "you've just been staring at the oranges for the past 20 minutes.. is there something you want to tell me?", Bruce said crossing his arms. "it's nothing to your concern..", I said slightly annoyed for some reason. "Woah no need to get so upset. It was just a question.", he said putting his hands up in defense. I sigh, "I'm sorry Brucie, I was just.. remembering some stuff from my past is all...." he looked at me with a soft smile, "It's ok, John."

I smile slightly at him and that's when I noticed something. I wasn't in my villain-y suit I was in before the whole bar incident... 'damn am I really that wimpy that I get knocked out cold just from one beer glass smashing on my  head?.... huh. Wait did that actually happen or is my memory just a lil' scrambled? Never mind.. :p'   I look at Bruce suspiciously. "What?", he says confused. "what happened to my clothes?", I asked with a raised brow and noticed a blush starting to creep onto his face.