The start (75)

I had still felt nauseous. I had thrown up a couple of times and I could see Neville was also nervous about this. We both just wished we had a way of finding out if I was pregnant or not. 

I had also asked Seamus to try to sneak a message to Theo letting him know Luna and I were alright and to ask him if he knew anything about Draco. I still spent most of my time working on potions and staring at the door hoping Harry, Hermione, and Ron would walk through it at any second.

One afternoon I was at 'my station' handing out healing potions to a couple of students who had just come back from classes with the Carrows when Neville rushed to me. 

"y/n, I found something." He said quickly and loudly making me jump slightly. 

I turned to face him and saw that he was badly beaten up too. 

"Woah Woah Woah, calm down, drink this." I patted his shoulders and handed him a healing potion. 

"No, but listen-" He pushed away my hand. 

"Psst." I lifted my finger in front of his mouth. "I'm not hearing any of it until you drink this." I stopped him. 

He rolled his eyes and took the potion and drank it all in one gulp. 

"God, what is so important?" I asked him. He grabbed my arm and pushed me to an empty corner of the room. 

"What Neville?" I urged him to speak since I was starting to feel anxious. 

"I think I know a way to find out if you're pregnant." He blurted out. 

I just stared at him for a couple of seconds. "How?" I let out a shaky breath. 

Well, I went to the library to see if I could find anything, and after reading on a couple of spells, and charms I found a spell that might work. I then went to Madam Pomfrey and she told me that it was worth a shot.

"You told Madam Pomfrey?" I questioned him a little angry. 

"No, I didn't say anything about you. I told her it was for an essay. Told her the Carrows want us to find a way to detect muggles in the womb...something like that." He explained. 

"Oh, good idea," I whispered. "So what's the spell?" I asked him. 

"Homenum Revelio." He told me. 

"The Human-presence-revealing spell. That's actually pretty smart. But are we sure it'll work?" I interrogated him further. 

"I hope so, the thing is I've never been able to perform this spell correctly before and I'm afraid I could hurt you. We should ask someone else." He confessed. 

I nodded knowing that it was best not to pressure Neville in these situations. I looked around the room trying to detect someone that could help. 

"Ginny," I spoke. Neville turned to face her as well. 

"Ok, good idea." He agreed. 

"But we won't tell her the details. Let's just tell her I've been feeling strange, that's all and we'll let her figure it out." I instructed him. 

He nodded. "When do you wanna do it?" He asked me. 

"Well, we need the room to be as empty as possible so it's best if we do it in a couple of hours when most will be in classes," I suggested. 

"Ok." He answered.

____

The waiting time had me feeling more anxious. I looked at the clock waiting for time to fly by so that it was time. I had already asked Ginny to come to find me at a certain time but the waiting was killing me. 

Finally, the room was almost empty. I went to look for Ginny and gestured to Neville that it was time. They both walked over to me. 

"Ginny...I need you to cast the Human presence revealing spell on me...and if you could avoid the questions until after you've done it." I added. 

She hesitated for a couple of seconds but then nodded. "Ok." She replied.

"Really?" I confirmed with her. 

"Yeah, sure. But Neville can't be here because otherwise, I'll just feel him won't I?" She explained. 

Neville and I both nodded. Neville walked away and tried to keep everyone distracted while Ginny and I went behind a diving wall. 

"You ready?" She asked me. 

I just nodded knowing that I really wasn't. 

"Homenum Revelio." I heard her speak. I closed my eyes. 

"What do you feel?" I asked her still with my eyes closed. 

"Well, I feel you...but it's weird." She said softly. 

I felt my heart skip a bit. "What...Why?" I asked quickly. 

"I can feel someone else but...It's like they're behind you, or in front of you, or like they're inside you." She finished, putting down her wand. 

I let out a shaky long breath. "Yeah..." I said in disbelief. "Thank you, Ginny," 

I had to catch my breath after what had just happened. I leaned against the wall taking deep breaths. 

"Are you alright?" Ginny asked me walking towards me and putting a hand on my back. 

"Ginny I asked you to this because I thought I was pregnant," I told her. 

She stayed quiet. I looked up to see her reaction and her mouth was just wide open. "And this just confirmed your suspicions?" She asked me. 

I nodded. 

"Congratulations." She then let out. I slightly smiled. I saw her wave her hand at someone. Neville appeared. 

"So?" He asked. 

I turned to face him and said nothing but that was enough for him to understand. "Merlin." He said as he walked towards me and Ginny. 

"I don't know what to do guys. The fight could start at any second, I knew I had to fight to keep myself alive, for Teddy, for you, for mom, and now..." I whispered placing my hand on my tummy at the last few words. 

"You'll be ok y/n...I'm so sorry, I have to go, Ariana called from the tunnel, I'm sure Aberforth has some more food." Neville said. 

I nodded and waved for him to go. 

"Maybe it's best that you stay back here during the fight?" Ginny suggested. 

I straightened up. "I can't Ginny, you know that." I told her. 

She nodded and palced a comforting hand on my shoulder before walking away. 

After I composed myself  I made my way back to where everyone else was. I noticed the room was a little bit more packed now and Ginny wasn't there. 

I sat next to Seamus and the Creevy brothers. After a couple of minutes, we all turned to see the door open. "What's up you lot? I've brought you a surprise." Neville announced. He moved out of the way to reveal the golden trio. 

Everyone got up and began cheering for their arrival. We all moved forward and waited for them to come down. We all greeted them before asking him what our next move was. I had to admit I was feeling more and more nervous by the minute knowing that their arrival only meant that this was the start.