Fire (54)

Draco and I had begun getting a little frustrated at the fact that weren't quicker figuring something out. Though we both knew deep down we were kind of glad it was taking this long since both of us dreaded the day we actually had to kill Dumbledore. I had especially been struggling with the fact that I had been ignoring a lot of people's letters including Remus. I wanted so badly to ask for help, to tell them the position I was in but I knew this would only put them and my parents in danger. Instead, I resorted to sending one simple letter to them all knowing they would be spending Christmas together. 

Dear all, 

I am doing perfectly fine there is no reason to worry about me. I've actually got my hands full with Advanced Potions and all. I apologize for not replying to your letters I've just been so busy I've forgotten to reply. I hope you all are doing well and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Please take care. 

Love, y/n 

I tried not to come up with such an extensive excuse since I was getting tired of all the lies. I wanted so badly for all of this to be over but I knew we still had a long way. 

On Christmas day Draco and I had satisfied ourselves with the idea we would sneak to the kitchen at night and have our own fun except this plan blew up on our faces. We were called into Snape's office, it was already dark. 

"Voldemort wishes to see you both at the manor," Snape told us once we were inside. 

I tensed up and felt my breath hitch. "We've been trying our best, we need more time, I'm-" Draco began arguing. 

"Yes Mr.Malfoy I know that but you must still answer his call you know that very well." Snape interrupted him sternly. 

"Ok, I'll go, there's no need for her to come," Draco stated 

"I'm afraid that's not possible, he specifically asked for Miss y/l/n to be there. But you might want to hide your secret romance." He eyed us both before walking out of his office, leaving us there. 

Draco and I turned to look at each other and we both could see we were visibly stressed. 

"I'm sure he only wants an update" Draco tried to comfort me. 

"We have to listen to what Snape said we can't let him know about us ok?" I reminded him.

He nodded "Yes ok." He assured me. 

"Draco you have to promise me that no matter what happens and no matter what he might do to me you can't let him know you care about me," I warned him once more. 

I saw him act uncomfortable at the thought. He simply nodded this time saying nothing. 

Snape came back at that moment. "Let's go." He instructed and we followed him. 

_____

Once more we were at the entrance of the manor, Draco and I tried to maintain a distance between us in an attempt to avoid any sort of suspicion. We walked inside and I could see Draco was incredibly tense despite the fact he was in his own home. Narcissa made her way forward and held Draco in an awkward embrace all I could think of now was my parents and knowing they were somewhere in this house. 

"Draco, y/n. Severus tells me you've been maintaining focus on your task." Voldemort began walking towards us. 

"Yes my lord, we've got a plan we're just working out the last few details," Draco answered him with a shaky voice. 

"Very well, I'm becoming impatient," Voldemort replied sternly. "Now Miss y/l/n, I've heard you're a good friend of Harry Potter." He accentuated the name.