Care for Magical Creatures (p13)

This year Hagrid had been hired as a teacher for Care for Magical Creatures. I was really looking forward to the class not only because of my interest in magical creatures but also because I was incredibly proud and happy to see Hagrid teach a class. Once more this class was scheduled to be taken with Slytherins.

Seamus and I walked down hand in hand. As we walked side by side we mocked Trelawney's prediction about my love life. Almost at the end of the trail heading to Hagrids hut, Dean came running to catch up to us and ended up diving into conversation with Seamus leaving me walking behind them both. Both of them being taller than me and having longer legs ended up leaving significant space between me and them in only a matter of seconds.

Now I was walking alone down to Hagrids Hut trying not to trip over the uneven ground. Of course to my luck, as I was just about to reach the end of the trail when I tripped over a large rock. I squished my eyes closed waiting to fall face forward but soon felt some strong arms catch me. I opened one eye half expecting Malfoy to be the one to save me. But to my surprise, it was Seamus who had caught me this time.

"Thanks, babe," I told him, giving him a quick peck.

"Oh don't worry babe, I'll always catch you if you fall." He said in a sarcastic tone.

I playfully slapped his arm at his cheesiness and we both laughed.

____

Hagrid led us all into an open area of the forbidden forest. Once everyone was coming to a halt Hagrid told us all to move to one specific area.

"Open your books to page 49," Hagrid instructed.

"Exactly how do we do that?" I heard Malfoy ask condescendingly.

I huffed "You just stroke the spine of course." I told him with a sarcastic smile.

He lifted the book and started stroking its spine with two fingers, both of which had rings on them, before giving me a sarcastic smile back. I rolled my eyes and continued walking. 

Soon I saw Neville prying his book open and before I could say anything the book was already launching itself at Neville. I rushed over to try to help him.

"Don't be such a wimp Longbottom." I heard Seamus say, I gave him a disapproving look.

"I'm ok" Neville replied breathlessly propping himself up before the book launched at him again.

This time I managed to grab it and close it shut. I gave it back to Neville and explained to him what to do next time before making my way next to Seamus.

As I stood with Seamus I heard a commotion start with the usual group. The golden trio and the Slytherin Prince.

"oh yeah terribly funny, really witty, god this place has gone to the dogs! Wait until my father hears that Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Malfoy spat making his ensemble laugh.

"Shut up Malfoy!" I told him walking up to him.

"Oooohoooohooohoooo" Malfoy started with the rest of his boy band joining in. I rolled my eyes and started walking back standing now between Seamus and Harry.

Malfoy then walked up to Harry and me biting his lips in the process. Everyone fell silent watching the commotion. Once he was in front of us he proceeded to make a concerned face before pointing behind us.

"DEMENTOR! DEMENTOR!" He shouted, acting terrified. Everyone turned around in a panic. And to no surprise, our attention was drawn back to the Slytherin group laughing at what had just happened with their hoods over their heads imitating the creatures.