Popular Girl ~ R.G.

||MANNY'S POV||
My first day at school was a bust. I got covered in blue paint and everyone was laughing at me. Except the popular group, which was strange but then again kind of expected. The 'leader' of that group also happened to be the nicest person in school. She even befriended me, but she does with everyone, hence the reason she's popular. Her name is Y/N L/N. She gorgeous too but I have my eyes on someone else who also happened to befriend me. Ahem.

Anyway, I decided that if I had to move to Connecticut, might as well explore the city a bit. Rufus, my golden retriever, was tugging on his leash as we walked through the park. In case we found an open area, I brought a ball. We found an open area with a few bushes surrounding it. I threw the tennis ball for Rufus to fetch. He sprinted to the ball, bringing it back covered in dog drool. I threw the ball again, but this time I threw it a little too far. It ended up in the bushes, so I watched as Rufus vigorously shook the bush trying to get the ball. After a couple minutes he came back with the ball and an amulet. It looked pretty cool, so I pocketed it before throwing the ball again. Little did know that the amulet which was secured in my pocket would change my life forever.
***
I was about to go to sleep, thinking about what my mother had told me when I told her about the paint incident. 'Don't worry. You have the best friend right here.' And she's right. Rufus is the only friend I need. "I wish you were human so you could go to school with me. That'd be great," I sighed scratching behind Rufus' ears. "Good night Rufus."
***
The next morning I woke up, the sun beating against my blinds. I opened my eyes to see that I wasn't alone. "Ahhh!" I shrieked as the random naked dude did the same. "Who are you and what are you doing in my room?" I demanded.

"I'm Rufus," he told me.

"Rufus!" I exclaimed looking for my fluffy companion. "What'd you do with my dog?" I asked looking around my room in the hopes to glimpse his golden fur.

"I am your dog Rufus. I'm just....a boy now," Rufus spoke. "I'm a human boy!" he realized. Turns out the amulet he found in the bushes transformed him into a human. I guess wishes really do come true.
***
I took my dog, well now human, to school. I excused him as my cousin. Throughout the morning I tried helping him act more human like, but it was extremely difficult. Eventually, his dog like actions made him one of the most popular students at school.

It was now lunchtime and we were entering the cafeteria. Y/N waved to me and sent a curious look at Rufus. Not wanting to be neglected by another one of my friends, I politely waved before guiding Rufus to a different table. I just hope that Rufus' popularity doesn't ruin our friendship.

||Y/N'S POV||
Manny walked in with someone new. I politely waved to my newfound friend sending a curious look to the dirty blonde. He waved back before taking the other boy to a different table. The table was swarmed with boys and girls trying to get to the new boy. "That's Rufus. He's the new kid's cousin. You know, the blue paint kid," Jess explained, noticing my stare. I nodded looking away from the group. I finished eating lunch, about to get up when the new kid Rufus came over to the table.

"Hi! I'm Rufus!" he introduced himself cheerfully. I like his vibes.

"Hi Rufus! I'm Y/N," I stuck my hand out for him to shake, but instead sloppily kissed it. It kinda felt like a dog licking my hand. I tried to make my slight disgust invisible, but I did tilt my head. "You're an odd boy. Well, I have to go to class," I smiled kissing his cheek, but neater than how he did on my hand. I saw his cheeks tint pink before walking away. Once I entered the classroom with Jess, she started to fangirl.

"That was so cute! Did you see his face after you kissed him? It was adorable!" she squealed making me roll my eyes, but I had to admit he was adorable. We sat in the classroom alone for a couple minutes before people started filing in. This also included Rufus and Manny. Rufus noticed me and ditched Manny. I lightly laughed before speaking.

"Hey Rufus. Shouldn't you sit with Manny? I mean he is your cousin," I asked.

"I guess, but I wanted to sit next to you," he sheepishly replied.

"Ok, sure. You're adorable, did you know that?" I cooed. He blushed making me smile softly. Throughout the class I would sometimes catch him staring to which I would smile lightly back. He blushed every time which made me think he was even more adorable.

After school, I was walking out of school. As I was about to turn the corner, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned around to see a pink faced Rufus. "Hi Rufus! Do you need something?" I asked politely, smiling the same soft smile I normally did.

"I was— I was wondering if— if maybe....um....you'd like to go out with m— me?" he stuttered making me giggle slightly.

"I'd love to!" I smiled giving him a peck on the cheek like I did at lunch. "What would you want to do?"

"Well, I thought you'd maybe like a picnic in the park? Maybe?" he suggested. His uncertainty was the cutest thing ever.

"Sure!" I agreed. "Here's my number. We can text the other details later," I gave him a small slip of paper with my number on it. "Bye Rufus! See you tomorrow!"

"Bye Y/N," I heard him mumble breathlessly once I had turned around. I smiled to myself, happy I got a date with the little goofball.
***
(I haven't actually seen Rufus, so the context is mainly going off of what I've read in other one shots of Rufus! Also there aren't that many Rufus gifs I could find that would work on Wattpad, so yeah...)