Calamity of Humanity [Book 3 Epilogue]

Fire crackled at the place where the lightning bolt struck, as 3 symbols of different colors appeared around it. Sakuya stood up and looked at the signs, making out Fire, Electric, and Water. She still didn't know what else to do, and just as the Reaper was about to strike her again, she punched it with a dirt-covered hand. It sent it flying back, and sprayed a bit of dirt on the core in the process. The sign of Earth appeared, and Rose shouted, "Lucas! Get the hell over here and help her!"

Lucas immediately appeared beside Sakuya, who figured out what to do, and asked, "So, who goes first?"

"Use your Air power on the core." she answered, filled with confidence as she blocked another attack.

"But why?"

"Just do it! We don't have much time here!"

Lucas reluctantly struck the core with his Air power, and the sign of Air appeared. "Now cover me. Bring a flashlight, if you will."

She turned her hand into a golden wind and stretched it towards the branch of a nearby tree. She tried to pull, but just as she was halfway there, Lucas fell to the ground, a flashlight in his hands. The shadow of the tree branch now touched the core, and the sign of Dark appeared. Without hesitation, she snatched the flashlight from Lucas, and shone it straight at the core. Light enveloped it as the 7 signs now appeared.

She blocked another attack, only to find a fist headed straight towards her stomach. She braced for the attack, but was met with a flash of wind instead. She looked, and saw a man, enveloped in light, his hand blocking the scythe.

"So you've come to kill me at last, Searcher of Godmode?" the Reaper said, in a low voice.

"I'm not just the Searcher of Godmode, motherf***er." the man said. Sakuya knew in an instant. Keith had returned, with a power far greater than others. He broke the scythe with a punch, sending the Reaper back, and said, "The core gave me far greater power than I thought it would. The dark space was just a place it sent me to in order to make sure I didn't die."

A longsword appeared in his right hand, and the light dissipated from him. Keith now stood, his clothes unchanged, his power increased by a lot. "The knife and the sword made this. The core fueled it with power, and the elements merged with me."

He charged the sword with Electric, before dashing behind the Reaper and sending it straight close to the place where the ritual props were. They had disappeared. As it tried to get back up, Keith said, "Thanks to the core, I became a sort of Calamity. No, not the evil ones your comrade Bryan sent here."

"Then what are you?"

Bright wings sprouted from his back, and he said, "Savior of Abilitia: the Calamity of Humanity."

He struck the ground, sending it up into the air. Alston shot a few bullets, and Keith allowed them to strike the Reaper before landing in a few slices himself. He imbued his longsword with Water, and at that moment, the raindrops became water knives, and they all pointed at it, before rushing straight in and piercing him entirely.

Keith then took him straight towards the ground, landing with a crash, before saying, "True Godmode is within myself. This is its proof."

He then ended the Reaper, but not without sensing that danger was around the corner. He looked behind him, and said, "Everyone, get behind me."

The spectators all got behind him, and Sakuya asked, "What's going on?"

The space at the school's entrance cracked open, and he said, "Reality warp. The real war begins now."

The portal opened to a large size, revealing a blue interior. Little rectangles and squares were floating around in one single direction, and Derick said, "That's the portal we went through. It looks a little different, though..."

There were multiple dirt platforms, as if it were the ruins of a certain monument lost to time. Keith tightly gripped his longsword, his wings getting brighter, and he spotted mechs coming out of the portal. They were headed towards Keith and his friends, and he spotted even more enemies headed straight towards them. He saw a familiar figure in the distance, and said, "We meet again, Calamity of Reality. Or should I say, the Multiverse Danger."

"Good to see you haven't forgotten me since you died." Bryan said. The Calamity of Reality was now stronger than ever, and everyone prepped up their attacks. The moment he pointed at the group, the enemies all charged in unison, and Keith dashed straight at Bryan while the others dealt with the mechs and creatures storming the field.

The moment the two got in range, sparks flew as a longsword and a blue square collided with each other. Keith swung the sword to the right, and Bryan used the square to shield himself from the attack, before throwing a punch that Keith dodged. Just as he brought out Hopes In Hell, Keith brought out the power of the 7 elements, and they clashed with each other. One swing of his longsword brought down a wave of enemies, and back at the school, half of the group had died. Multiple students were coming to assist them, but they knew it wasn't enough.

Alston jumped to Sakuya's right just as she took down a mech, and said, "We have to get through the portal."

"What about all these kids?"

"The enemies will leave once Bryan finishes his work. Come on, we've got no time to waste!"

Alston ran towards the portal, forming a gun magazine with each step he took. He was going into the air in an instant, and Sakuya chased after him, followed by Derick and Florencia.

Keith was still fighting against Bryan, and the latter said, "Let's take this inside, shall we?"

He brought the 6 of them into the portal, and he jumped onto a platform, using it to head straight towards Keith, who took his longsword and threw it at him. It sliced his cheek, and Keith used his elemental powers at maximum capacity to hurl himself straight towards Bryan. As the battle waged on, the portal to their world closed, and before anyone could notice, Sakuya was being pulled into one of the squares. Bryan noticed, and said, "Don't worry about her, it's just another world. You should worry about yourself, though, since you're going to die here!"

Alston shot multiple bullets at Bryan, but was stunned instead, as Derick jumped after Sakuya. Florencia was by his side, a pistol aimed at Bryan's head. Before she could fire, the gun broke in half as she fell to the ground. Alston pondered, "This mess of a multiverse has numerous Keiths, but who could be the one who rules above all of them? Who's the first Keith?"

Keith was tired out by now, but before Bryan could deliver a fatal blow, a flash of darkness appeared, and struck Bryan in the face, sending him far away. Another Keith, decked out with a red jacket and orange school jeans, leaped towards him, and said, "I thought I killed him for sure. Oh well, can't hurt to deal a little more damage. Care to join me?"

Alston dragged Florencia into a square, or 'world', as Keith said, "As long as it involves saving everyone, then hell yes, count me in."

The two of them dashed forward, and Keith had only one thought in his mind.

"The Multiverse War... begins."

Book 3
End

to be continued...

author's notes: this isn't the end of School of Elementals, since i have another book coming up. however, as you may have seen, parts of my story Stands Within are featured here, and yes, i clearly intended for that to happen. as for the other stories, aka the worlds in which Derick, Alston and Florencia came from, yes, i will do them, sometime in the future. anyways, this concludes the book, brace yourself for SoE: Karen KIller.