Africa's Fall

As they got up and took off into the air, they saw a plane flying by. "They're a little late." Keith said as they continued to glide all the way to Cape Town, South Africa. Only 1 of the 4 Calamities were defeated, as Bryan retreated few minutes after they attacked him. As everyone gathered together on the star, Sakuya said, "We need to devise a plan to attack this Calamity. What was it again?"

"A black hole. More specifically, MBH-37. If I'm correct, it should have sucked up everything there by now." the boss said.

Sure enough, the damage done could already be seen no later than 10 minutes into traveling. They were now above Thailand, but the sight was an absolute disaster. Keith tried to remember the countries of Africa, but eventually just said, "The lower half of Africa has been annihilated."

A black hole could be seen eating up South Sudan, and Derick said, "Hold on tight, guys! Full speed ahead!"

The star travelled at 5 times its original speed now, and it dashed straight towards the black hole. They came to a halt 200 kilometers away from Rumbek, somewhere in South Sudan, and he said, "If we get only a few kilometers closer, we're f***ed. Let's land."

The star started its descent, and the moment it hit the ground, half of South Sudan was already gone. A boy was lighting up explosives before throwing them into the black hole, and took out an assault rifle before firing every shot in his magazine at it. The moment he ran out of ammo, he tossed the magazine into the black hole, and as he was turning his head to the left to take another magazine, he saw the group.

"Keith? Derick? The hell are you both doing here?" he said.

A large piece of a torn wall was headed towards him, rebounding thanks to the gravitational pull of the black hole, and before it could hit him, Keith sliced it in half, making it miss. The boy said, "I didn't know you wielded multiple knives. They don't seem to be the original platinum knife you used, though."

"Truth is, I'm not the Keith you know. Same goes for Derick over there, Alston."

"If I don't know you, then how do you know me?"

"There's another you in this world."

"Really? Prove it."

"He wears glasses and talks exactly like you. His outfit is nearly identical to yours, and he likes to use his hands."

"Doesn't sound like me."

"Of course. 2 worlds are never identical."

"I can see you have the intelligence of my world's Keith."

"Alright. We good? Because this thing isn't going to wait for us to finish."

"Yup."

The two of them now faced the black hole which grew bigger, and Derick came up to them. He was about to create stars and shoot them at the black hole when Keith interrupted him by taking out Alston's phone. It didn't have a password, and he immediately searched 'how to destroy a black hole'. No results came out, and Keith said, "I guess we have to find our own solution."

Derick made a star at their feet and lifted them up, then moved them 5 kilometers away. The place was either all fine or gone without a trace, and everyone was running away. "Shoot it." Keith said, throwing a knife straight into it. Stars rained on it and bullets flew into it, however, it didn't show any signs of retreating. A loud roar was heard from nearby, and Alexandra created an invisible shield around them as they searched for the source of the sound.

Right at that moment, a giant mechanical dragon came up from the horizon. It had various parts colored blue and other parts colored white, and as it flew near the group, a man jumped out from within it. It stopped in place, and he said, "You guys need anything?"

He wore a yellow casual shirt with brown shorts, and looked a little too young to drive, much less pilot a mechanical dragon. Keith asked, "Who are you?"

"American-born Pakistani officer Dominicron. Nice to meet you."

"No need to get all formal like that. The name's Keith. Now, why can't we get rid of this thing?"

"Simple." Dominicron said as he jumped back into the dragon, "You're not using enough firepower!"

A large blast of fire the size of 3 flamethrowers and as hot as lava shot out from the dragon's mouth as it opened, straight towards the black hole. It started to shrink, but then he said, "Oh dear. Seems as if I've used all the firepower of this thing."

"We can help."

Keith took out knives and warped time to multiply them as they flew towards the black hole, and as it started to shrink even further, everyone joined in blasting the black hole with energy. By the time 30 minutes had passed, everyone but Keith and Sakuya were exhausted, and the black hole had shrunk to half its original size. He was about to toss out one more knife at it when it started visibly shaking, as if it were about to explode. "Get on." Dominicron said, and they all hopped onto the dragon just as the star disappeared and Derick fell onto its body. They held on tight, and it flew away as the sky darkened around them. "S***," Dominicron said, "this thing isn't waterproof. We're going to die here."

Keith looked at the clouds, and said, "Not today."

As the rain fell, it parted just few meters above the dragon. As the near-transparent drops of water fell, Keith willed it to go straight towards the black hole, increasing its rate of destruction. Dominicron witnessed all this, and asked, "Hey, you have the Water element?"

"Nah. I just have a connection with the rain."

"What about Fire? Maybe Air?"

"No elements."

"Then why were you mobilized?"

"Have you heard of the Knives? Or more specifically, the Karen Killer?"

"Yeah, I think I know them."

Keith stayed silent after that, hoping he would manage to figure it out. However, what Dominicron said next was not what he expected to hear, "There's a shelter 3 kilometers behind us. Hang on tight, we're going in."

Instead of Dominicron figuring out that Keith was the Karen Killer, Keith figured out why he decided to go 3 kilometers ahead of the shelter, and smiled, knowing his intellect hasn't withered a single bit at all. As they were diving towards the shelter, just few seconds from going in, Sakuya was hit on the side by some debris and was sent flying towards the black hole. The boss noticed immediately, and grabbed onto the ledge of the shelter as the rest of them went in. He created a rope that stretched towards her, and she grabbed it.

An aura appeared around him, and he said, "One of us has to die here. Although I may be using you and your siblings at first, this is the least I can do to atone for my sins."

She was confused for a moment, until he whispered, "Soul Swap."

Their bodies switched places, and she could only stare in shock as he casually let go of the rope, the gravity dragging him towards the black hole. As his body became smaller from her view, Keith pulled her down and into the shelter, where a portal stood. He quickly dragged her straight towards the portal, just as the black hole exploded, and they made it across just as the explosion wiped out the entirety of Africa.